XII. Not Everything is Sunshine and Rainbows

Start from the beginning

Now, you were just a passenger on his personal shuttle, surrounded by the same Knights you've always been bombarded by.

They were taking up about as much space you expected them to take up. It was like your first day on the Finalizer all over again- one crowded shuttle and several people in need of fresh air. 

Kylo was in the cock pit, of course- piloting the plane out of the Finalizer base and into space, taking no time at all before pushing forward a metal lever in front of him and sending the ship into hyper drive. 

You watched as the base began to disappear behind you, slowly becoming just a little speck of dust in your rear view, even though it was humongous when close up.

When you turned your head back towards the front of the ship, you noticed the general in the co-pilot seat. His bright orange hair was hard to miss when contrasting against the dark interior of the ship.

What was his name again? General Hucks? Hugs? 

The Knights of Ren were also in the common area with you. They were sitting in pairs of two along the left side wall; Khuno and Lesco together at the very back, Shiloh and Akira across from you in the middle, and Saho and Igo together at the very front.

From a quick scan of everyone, you could see three distinct things: Akira and Shiloh were whispering to each other, Khuno and Lesco were thumb-wrestling, and Saho looked as if he was miserable sitting next to his unnaturally cheerful brethren.

Then again, when did Saho not look miserable. 

You sat alone in a small seat along the right side wall, carefully reading the new book Kylo had let you keep for the duration of their business trip. The Beauty and the Beast. Another fairytale.

Reading, however, was proven difficult when all you could focus on was every short bit of turbulence the shuttle went through. Flying was already bad enough with other people near by, but this time you were alone, which only made things worse. 

As Kylo's shuttle hit a rough patch, you couldn't help but gently squeeze your eyes shut and clench onto your book with a grip that could tear it apart if you tried hard enough.

Besides not having a large hand to hold while flying through the air at light speed- turbulence was one of the worst parts of flying. 

Kylo's ship was brand new, right? So why did it have so much turbulence?

A loud voice calling your name brought you out of your thoughts. As you opened your eyes, you noticed the General had left his spot in the cock pit and was now sitting a row in front of you, orange hair flooding your vision more than ever. 

You snapped your head towards Kylo, who was still seated, only now turned to face you, holding out and finger and curling it towards himself. He was gesturing for you to come sit in the cockpit with him. 

Scared of another punishment from Akira for not following directions, you quickly fumbled with your seatbelt and stepped out of your lonesome isle, leaving your book behind so you could stare at the stars.

Kylo watched as you shuffled over to him, light footsteps slowly patting against the carpeted interior of the shuttle as you neared closer and closer.