Chapter 17

Short, filler chapter:)

- - -

Harry woke up to soft sheets, a pounding headache and the unmistakable weight of a person clinging onto his chest. He groaned with pain, bringing his hands to his head and pressing it against his forehead trying to ease the pain, eyes tight shut.

He felt a small hand on his shoulder and turned his head around, wincing slightly at finding Louis look back up at him concerned. He handed him the glass of water and Ibuprofen which he accepted gratefully.

"Boo I'm so sorry." Harry mumbled weakly as Louis held his hand in comfort. "I-I don't even know how I got here..."

"You drove here.." Louis said gently, trying to not trigger his headache. "I've no idea how though, you were pretty drunk..."

Harry groaned again slouching over with his head in his hands. "I feel horrible"

"Just give it a few minutes and the medicine will kick in." Louis consoled him, running a hand through his chocolatey curls. 

"Uh- you don't remember anything that happened? Anything at all?" Louis asked hesitant, searching his eyes for any sign of recognition.

"Just being at the party..yeah that's it. I did have a few shots.." Harry sighed. "Why-did I say something?"

"N-no." Louis whispered disappointed. Harry felt the change in mood and was immediately at his side, lifting his head up by his chin.

"Tell me, love."

Even at that moment, Harry couldn't help but admire Louis' beauty as he stroked his soft delicate skin, blue eyes so bright and beautiful...such a precious little boy. He truly believed that if he anyone did ever managed to hurt him they'd certainly get a trip to hell and back.  

"I don't want to lie to you." Louis said firmly, turning his head away from him. "Please don't ask me."

"Alright." Harry said sadness visible in his eyes. "Just that-promise me that I didn't't hurt you?"

"No you didn't." Louis answered quickly, placing a sweet kiss on his lips. Harry smiles back sadly and got up off the bed. He could suddenly feel the tension in the room and he didn't like it.

"Mummy's went out, she made breakfast for you too." Louis said watching as he made his towards the bathroom.

"Oh god, I feel so embarrassed." 

"She doesn't know anything, just that you fell asleep here..."

"And now I feel guilty" Harry mumbled slightly, shaking his head.

- - -

It was near 12 when Harry headed out the door,

"See you later then love." Harry said smiling as he kissed him on the lips, hands holding him close by his hips. Louis smiled back giving him a quick hug. 

"Pick you up later today."Harry said grinning. "And we'll go to our place, have to show you a few songs I've written."

Louis' smile widened at that and let out a short squeal. "Finally! I'd love to hear them Hazzie, I've been waiting so long!"

"Hope you'll like them too boo, I've been working on these for a long time."

Louis watched him drive off down the street and suddenly felt distant. His thoughts wandered over to yesterday's events which had him confused all over again.

- - -

"Feeling better now babe?" Liam asked, rushing over to Zayn as soon as he had opened his bedroom door.

"Yeah, I'm better now." Zayn replied smiling weakly. He had propped up a pillow beside the wall and was sitting, his blanket covering him from head down. Liam felt helpless watching his pale face and immediately joined him under the covers, arms wrapped around his poorly baby.

"Missed you so much." Liam whispered, kissing him on his forehead. Zayn cuddled up closer to him resting his head under his neck as he tried to get as close to Liam as possible. "I missed you too, Li. Felt so lonely by myself."

"My poor baby." Liam cooed rubbing his cheek with his thumb. "I'll be with you all day now. You don't have to worry about anything." 

"Love you." Zayn sighed looking up at him with adoration in his eyes. Liam smiled back ecstatic.

"Love you too babe." He pulled down to rub their noses together as an Eskimo kiss, the sound of Zayn's chuckles music to his ears.

"I might still be contagious, you shouldn't be so close to me." Zayn said concerned and yet making no move to get away from his warm embrace.

"I don't care if I get sick, I only care about you."  Liam said as if stating facts, eyes trained at his chocolate brown ones.

Zayn just chuckled shaking his head and wrapped his arms around his chest, head still facing him. "What's been going on the past week?"

"The usual school hassle." Liam shrugged relaxing a bit. "Niall's his usual, spontaneous self. Also-Harry and Louis are officially a couple."

"I'm glad." Zayn said grinning. "About time too."

He hummed craning his neck over to the pill boxes strewn across the table. "You have any medicine to take right now?"

"No, done for the day. Thankfully." Zayn snorted giving a side glare at the boxes. "I don't practically enjoy having to swallow them whole. At all."

"I'm so sorry love." Liam said worried, rubbing his back. "It'll be all over soon I promise."

He frowned as he felt his skin burning up, trying to be as much of help as he could.

"You want something? Should I get you water-"

"No Li." Zayn whispered, tired. "Just, stay here please."

Liam obliged happily, tracing shapes on his back as he tried to lull him into a comfortable position. Moments passed in silence as they took comfort in each others presence.

"About Harry...I've been meaning to ask this- you think it's a good idea..?" Liam trailed off pressing his lips together.

"Liam...really your taking this too far okay? Louis' fine by himself, he's his own person." Zayn said crossly. 

"But, he was-"

"So?" Zayn started quite angry as he turned to face him. "Your not responsible for him. I've noticed this many times before and I can't take it anymore alright? You don't control his life."

Liam shut up, nodding his head in an understanding way and nothing more was said about the matter. Moments of tensed silence passed by, Liam fumbling with his fingers with a guilty look while Zayn watched him struggle with a frown.

He sighed as he pulled him closer, placing a soft kiss on his cheek which made him smile softly. 

"It's going to be alright."