Meet Nana [Chapter 4]

Start from the beginning

The crowded mansion of Blake swam in the sea of teens. Over the garden was a pool, noticeable only by the girls wearing two piece and a fat guy trying to do a cannonball that two friends encourage him, chanting "cannonball, cannonball, cannonball..." The crowd dived in the somehow too small doorway they surprisingly could fit. Passing couples would slowly be pacing beside them kissing while their arm over their partner's shoulder. More guys in Greendale jerseys with initial P stands for panther embroidered on it.

"Rein. Go on, the ocean of sexy ladies waiting for you." N's voice materialized beside them.

Rein jumped on him, locking his arms on his neck as if trying to do a RKO. "Can't believe it." He said as N taping his forearm, accepting defeat. "Who are you, where's my best friend. Where did you hide him?" Began to shake him by his shoulders instead. Some girls snorted a laugh, snuffling and holding their breath as they walk pass.

"You will never see him again. Never. He's dead inside the basement." N laughed like a villain, almost comically.

The four of them went pass the door way and was greeted by a football field like hallway and grandiose stairway where another wave of teens stood talking and flirting with their partners, leaning on the well polish hand grill shining as the light coming from below sway from side to side. Greek-like beams towering over their heads, standing tall on both sides as if greeting those who enter the gigantic mansion of Blake.

It was surprisingly uncrowded inside, wide from the billiard room overhead they laugh and high-fived their friends. Other kids and teens on a tennis table, playing beer pong. On way right to the living room, four large teens wearing green jerseys chugging on a large bucket of beer then beaten by a skinny dude screaming victoriously, having the best night of his life then fell on the floor unconscious.

"I'll get the beers." Rein said looking above the tall heads then dig himself in the thick crowd. That didn't bother to see his friends answer.

"Nana." Quinn called at the sight of Nana, finished talking to a guy at the corner, greeting her with a hug. Nana escorted them to a wide living room brighten by a chimney ahead of three gray couches, one was occupied with unfamiliar students that Herald thought of Nana's new friends, two blondes sat side by side a black muscular guy wearing a panther jersey laughing boisterously as the guy made flirtatious jokes. She was actually friendlier now than before as he could remember.

"Hey, nerd." The black guy said to N. Both girls laughing harder now.

"Sup, dirtface." N replied dully. Making him leap out of the couch in his stance to hit N.

"Stop Kingston." Nana ordered, raising her hand as if ordering a dog to be obedient. "Everyone this man is Kingston Floyd. Athena Reeves. And Jade Reis." She introduced aloud.

Flag raised and both parties settled to a temporary fist fight ban, they sat quietly on the couch as the host, Nana reach for an empty bottle on the floor, she stretched it above her for a second then set it on the small table declaring, "let's play spin the bottle." She snatched the large cup from a girl passing by. "We spin twice, the two person to where the bottle stops must go to the room over there." She pointed to a small room at the far right corner from the chimney.

It was faster than Herald thought. The moment that the bottle spin and the perplexing thrill that rushed to their bones, he wished he was never experiencing. It stopped to Kingston then the second stopped to Nana. They watched them walk to the room laughing and grinning at each other excitedly. The ticking of clock stopped. They both appeared very sweaty but Herald didn't mind it.

"I'll look for Rein," N said over the loud stereo, playing Believer by Imagine dragons. "This is getting boring."

Herald nod in return, "where is he anyway?" he said to N as he didn't mind answering back as he walks away from the group whistling excitedly as the two blonde went to the room hands locked and looking very sexy on their showy clothes.