𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 | unexpected.

Start from the beginning

as they were heading to the court, jimin approached jennie.

"are you nervous?" he asked her as he wrapped his arms around her.

for the past three days, jimin has been a little touchy around her which made jennie feel annoyed, not pleased and frustrated.

jimin had to be soft around her to capture her heart easily but seems like jennie is not enjoying it and it's making things hard for jimin. she's really not that easy.

"nope but i'm nervous for you. and please, get your arms off me before i break it. i'm serious." jennie warned and glared at him.

jimin pouted. "you're always mean."

jennie shrugged. "duh, what's new?"

jimin pouted? his bad boy side is missing.

they arrived at the court, the place is very crowded. everyone can feel the tension between the two schools, epseul academy and their school, athena high.

"JENNIE!!! we will be cheering for you!" the pinks came running towards jennie with their pompoms and cheerleader uniforms on.

"as you should girls! by the way, you really look horrible with those outfits." jennie said jokingly and four of them just laughed.

the three girls aren't really fond of sports except Lisa, she loves to play volleyball but she didn't join any clubs this year.

jennie excused herself to buy some energy drink before the tournament starts since she still have 3 minutes.

few minutes later, while jennie was enjoying her drink, she walk passed by the epseul students and analyzed their opponents until a familiar guy caught her attention.

she froze.

kai?

"no..." jennie uttered as she stepped back, almost losing balance.

"there you are! where have you been?! our game is already starting in a minute! good thing jimin requested to the officials to give one more minute for you!" irene panicked.

"jen, are you okay?" ryujin asked her teammate with a concerned look. "you're getting pale..."

why is he here?

jimin spoke, "are you really okay? i can tell mom to give-"

jennie breathed heavily, "no! jimin, i'm okay."

"we trust in you, jen. your first opponent is kim jongin or known as kai from epseul academy. but i'll warn you first, he's very skilled. he almost defeated me last year." jaehyun explained.

fuck. am i really that unlucky? out of all people, kai? why it has to be that guy?

"if he missed the chance to beat you, then it's impossible to beat me." she said coldly.

who was kai in jennie's life?

"you better win this game or else, hundred of arrows will strike on you." jimin warned.

"pft, i should be the one who's telling you that, mister." she replies.

jennie started stretching her arms and calming herself as she grabbed her customized bow and arrow with her initials embroidered on it.