Feels Like Death (Loki x reader)

(Reader is on her period and Loki comes to save the day)

It was a series of unfortunate events that had you in your current situation. You writhed in your bed, trying to find some position that was remotely comfortable. But everything hurt. It didn't just hurt. Hurt was too weak of a word for the aching cramps in your abdomen, the ones in your back. You felt sick, nauseous, fevered and chilled at the same time.

You shifted again in your bed, though this position was no better than the last one had been. You felt like you were laying in a pool of your own blood. That may have actually been more comfortable than the tampon that felt like a rolling pin shoved up a very uncomfortable place and the pad that felt like laying in a wet diaper.

Everything reeked and hurt and gods, you felt like you were dying. Or at least that ripping out your uterus yourself would feel less painful than what it was doing to you. It had been months since it had been this bad. The medication you were on usually kept you from even having periods most months. This month was different. You'd missed a dose of the shot while you were on a mission with the team. You'd caught up on it later, but it hadn't been enough. Plus you were due for a real period.

You groaned as you reached for the bottle of pain pills. You were going to have to take them dry. Getting up to get water was out of the question with how awful you felt.

"Miss, breakfast is ready," Jarvis announced.

That made you groan louder and curl into a tighter ball. "Fuck off, Jarvis," you grumbled as you whimpered in pain. You weren't going anywhere.

There was a pause where you could practically feel the AI's offense at your words. "Shall I tell the others you are sick?" He asked too politely. Yup, he was pissed.

Somehow, you couldn't find enough fucks to care.

Fuck.

Loki.

Loki didn't know about periods as far as you were aware. You'd been dating him for a few months now, but hadn't had to tell him about this unfortunate part of being a midgardian female. You last period had been before you'd started dating.

He was going to freak out if he found you curled in a ball in your bed unable to move.

You tried to sit up, you wouldn't have long before he came to try to find you if you didn't show up for breakfast. He worried over you during the best of times. While you were skilled enough to be on the team, you still weren't a god of Asgard. You usually bickered with him that you were perfectly capable of handling yourself, and had even handed his ass to him in the training room before, but today you knew he wouldn't listen or believe you.

You managed to get to a mostly sitting position before the pain got too bad and you fwumped back among the pillows with a whimper of pain.

There was a polite tap on your door. "Darling?" Loki asked, concern in his voice. Jarvis probably ratted on you for cussing at him. Fucking stupid AI.

Fuck. You were out of time and still had no idea how to explain.

"Loki, I-" you paused. You couldn't lie to Loki, even though a closed door he would be able to smell your lie. You sighed and laid your head back down.

"Darling? May I come in?" Loki asked more insistently when you didn't answer properly.

You groaned something in reply. Or just groaned in pain. You couldn't quite be sure which. Regardless, Loki took your groan as permission to enter and opened your room's door. You looked up at him when he came in. He was perfectly handsome as ever, even in the Midgardian clothes he'd taken to wearing after you'd finally convinced him that most people on Midgard didn't wear court clothes from Asgard. Or tunics. Despite how hot he looked in them. He'd worn sexy suits for two weeks straight after that just for spite. Today he was wearing perfectly tailored jeans and a green shirt, his raven hair was down as he usually wore it, reaching just past his shoulders.