Heat (Loki x reader NSFW)

Loki prowled his bedroom in the stupid Avenger's stupid tower, pacing back and forth across the tiny claustrophobic space. He growled softly, wishing for more room. He usually liked even this small room with bookshelves against every inch of wallspace, crammed with books and scrolls, the couch by the fireplace and the comfortable reading chair by the window. He usually liked this room, despite being stuck on this stupid realm.

Today?

Today it irritated him, just like everything else.

So he paced the tiny room like a caged animal. He needed to move, needed to pace, needed to do something to get this awful feeling out from under his skin. The air felt too hot and stifling though the room was frigid, as he always kept it. His clothes, the wonderfully soft fabrics he always wore, itched and chafed and irritated his skin. His skin felt too tight, too hot, too... everything.

He knew it was getting close. It was too near midwinter, too near when all the jotuns went into heat. Every year he tried to deny it, tried to hold back the feelings and the hell of those awful days. Tried to stop his body's need from consuming his precious mind.

And each year he failed.

This year was shaping up to be no different.

And yet, he needed it to be different. Not for his sake. Never for his sake.

For yours.

For the little mortal Midgardian in his life.

For the love he hadn't told of this curse. He was too embarrassed to tell you, though he'd been trying to come up with a way to warn you for weeks. He knew it was getting close and yet he kept denying, kept postponing, kept hoping that this time, that this time would be different.

He paced and paced his room, getting more and more agitated, knowing what was coming and knowing that he was incapable of stopping it.

Much as it killed him every year when it happened.

He glanced at his hands as he was absently picking at his left palm and cursed. Loudly. And in multiple languages.

His fingers had turned blue.

He was out of time.

He didn't have time to explain it to you. His blood was starting to boil in his veins.

If he saw you now. No. He couldn't see you now. If he did, he wouldn't be able to control himself and that would not end well. No. He wouldcontrol himself. He was not a monster, despite what his other form looked like. He could keep his mind intact that much.

But the need.

He shook his head, shook those thoughts from his mind. They wouldn't help. He had to make sure you were safe from him. That was all there was to it.

And that meant talking to Thor. As it did every year.

Thor was the only one he trusted to make sure he didn't do something he would regret while the monster was in control. While his beautiful intelligent mind, the pride of his very being, was usurped by the monster's desires.

He could fight against the desires of his body. He could. He wasn't a monster, but he wouldn't take that risk either. Especially not with your safety. Because the moment he saw you, the moment he started... He shuddered. If he saw you like this, he wasn't convinced he could keep himself from ravaging you.

He didn't trust himself. Not like this.

So he was going to make damn well sure that you were safe from him.