Book Two: chapter 2

Start from the beginning

Unalaq's stern expression didn't falter. There was something about you that seemed to irk him, and you could practically feel it in the air.

Y/n: (slightly nervous) By the way, just to clear things up, I'm actually Korra's boyfriend.

Unalaq's gaze seemed to bore into you, and you shifted uncomfortably under his scrutiny.

Unalaq: Right. Boyfriend.

Well, that wasn't the warmest reception, but you decided to brush it off. It wasn't like you were looking for Unalaq's approval anyway.

Unalaq: Today, we're venturing to one of the most remote places in the world—the heart of the South Pole, a sacred spiritual center for our tribe.

Y/n: (intrigued) The South Pole? That sounds like quite the journey.

Unalaq: It's more than a journey. The spirits have been neglected in the south for too long, and the darkness that's taken hold threatens our tribe. Our task is to restore balance and harmony.

Korra: (enthusiastic) Dangerous quest to the South Pole? I'm totally up for it!

Y/n: (playfully) Count me in too! I'm ready to face whatever challenges come our way.

Unalaq gave you a nod of acknowledgment, though his expression remained impassive. It seemed like earning his respect wouldn't be an easy feat, but you were determined to prove your worth.

Unalaq: Very well. We leave at once. Prepare yourselves for a journey that will test your strength and connection to the spirits.

As you all set off, you couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and uncertainty. The road ahead promised adventure, danger, and growth. With your easygoing nature and determination, you were ready to face whatever challenges lay in store and hopefully win over Unalaq's respect along the way.

Later, you all decided to take Naga for a trip, and Mako joined in to help with the supplies. As the snow-covered landscape stretched out before you, a sense of adventure mixed with concern filled the air.

Y/n: (looking around) Hey, um, Korra, I get that this training is important, but are you sure it's safe to venture out into the snow like this? I mean, what's the big takeaway from all of this?

Korra: (enthusiastically) Unalaq mentioned that this is a golden opportunity for me to strengthen my connection to the spirit world.

Y/n: (scratching your head) Yeah, I get that, but have you considered the potential risks? I mean, blizzards can be pretty intense out here.

Korra: (confidently) Trust me, I can hold my own. You don't have to treat me like I'm defenseless.

Y/n: (concerned) I'm not saying you're defenseless, Korra. It's just that jumping into something potentially dangerous without thinking about the consequences... well, it gives me some heartburn.

Korra: (raising an eyebrow) Heartburn, huh?

Y/n: (grinning) Yeah, you know, like that feeling you get when you've eaten too much spicy food. That kind of nagging worry that just won't go away.

Korra: (softening) Look, I know what I'm capable of. You don't have to worry so much.

Y/n: (sighing) It's just... I care about you, okay? I've seen you take on the world, and you've come so far, but I also know we're not invincible. There's a thin line between confidence and recklessness.

Korra: (reflective) You think I'm being reckless?

Y/n: (earnestly) Well, ever since you took down Amon, it's like you're wearing this invisible cape of invincibility. But you're still human, Korra, with strengths and vulnerabilities. I just don't want to see you underestimate the challenges that could come your way.