xi. summertime sadness.

summertime sadness
act ii, scene xi

THE SUMMER GOING INTO SIXTH YEAR, Sowon never got a letter from Draco

THE SUMMER GOING INTO SIXTH YEAR, Sowon never got a letter from Draco. Debating on whether to send one first, Sowon thinks that maybe he forgot. She tries her best to think about it positively but in the end she still couldn't find anything happy about not getting the letters.

Getting to go visit Fred and George's joke shop with Ron, Hermione, and Harry at the end of the summer, was the only thing getting her through the summer. Today was that day and Sowon was the happiest she could be.

Walking into Diagon Alley by herself, she looks around sadden by the fact that most of the stores were dark and abandoned, now with the Dark Lord out and about. But luckily Fred and George's shop brighten the mood in the Alley.

When she walked into the joke shop, she was pulled into a group hug from the Weasley's twins. This summer, Fred came to the conclusion that he didn't like her anymore, so it wasn't that awkward to hug her now. The twins laugh as they pull out of the hug and sees a smiling Sowon in front of them.

They start rambling about how much they've missed her and was going to miss Hogwarts, then went off to find the kid who broke something just then. Sowon chuckles before heading over to the love potions to find Hermione and Ginny over there. Hermione eyes her friend and then pulls into her heart-warming hug, "Oh! Sowon, I cannot believe you left me with those dumb witted boys this summer."

Sowon laughs, "Who? The twins or Ron and Harry?"

Hermione lets go of her friend, "Both."

Ginny looks over at them and rolls her eyes, "Oh come on, Hermione. It wasn't that horrid, you had me."

Hermione nods before turning her attention back to the love potions, in front of her. Sowon leans over to Ginny and pulls her into a side hug, then leans back over to Hermione. Soon the Weasley twins comes over to them, both snickering.

Fred speaks up, "Hello, ladies!"

Sowon rolls her eyes which catches the eyes of George, who beams up, "Yes, they really do work."

"Then again, the way we hear it, sis, you're doing just fine on your own," Fred says, looking over at Ginny, who blushes.

"Meaning?" Ginny asks, shaking her head.

"Are you not currently dating Dean Thomas?" Fred asks, before leaving the three girls, with George on his tail. Sowon looks over at a blushing Ginny with a smirk so does Hermione. Ginny looks at them both before rolling her eyes and walking away.

Sowon snickers then looks behind her to see Ron and Harry, she turns on her heel and walks over to them. The two boys beam up once they see her. Harry notices the girl has gotten more prettier over the break, even though he thought she pretty before too.