Back At The Mansion

I sat in my room on the window ledge with my feet hanging out of the window. I watched as storm and jean took off in the jet and soon after scott and charles left. I'd been sat there for about 30 minutes when I heard a knock on the door. "who is it" I asked. "john" I heard back. initially i was confused. i never really talked to john and only knew him because he was Bobby's friend. "come in" I say swinging my legs into the room.

"hi" he says awkwardly standing in the doorway. "do you need something" I ask. "I just thought we could hang out" he replies. "umm sure" I say moving and sitting cross legged on my bed. "you're lucky you get you're own room" he says. "I have to share with your brother" he adds. "he's not that bad is he?" I question "I suppose not, I'm just not really a people person I guess" he admits moving to sit on the spare bed in my room closing the door behind him. "I thought it was really cool what you did at the museum" I say and john looks up from the floor. "yeah well I think you might be the only one" he jokes. "that boy deserved it though" I reply. "why do you carry a lighter" I ask. "I can't create the fire, only manipulate it" he replies. "what do you do" he asks "I can create seismic waves" I reply. "like an earthquake" he questions. "kind of but I struggle to control the magnitude" I reply.

we stayed there talking for a few hours until john got tired. "I just have one question" i say as he stands up and makes his way over to the door. "sure" he replies. "why did you come and tall to me today, i mean, we don't talk a lot" I say. "I'm not sure, got tired of talking to bobby all day and thought you were quite intriguing" "intriguing" I question. "yeah, well, i know you're brother and he's not exactly quiet and well, I don't know, I kinda liked how quiet you were  kinda mysterious" after saying this john reached for the door handle. "umm, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow" he asked. at first i was taken aback but very quickly warmed up to the idea. "I'd love to" I say smiling". john left to head to his room and I went for a walk around the mansion. I was wandering around until I saw bobby in the kitchen eating ice cream. "hey bobby" I say. "hi Y/N" he replies "can't sleep" I ask. "I suppose" he replies. I walk over to sit next to him. "do you want any" he asks. "I'm alright, I'm not really hungry" I respond.

we sat in silence for a bit as I was lost in thought thinking about my powers and john. "does no one sleep around here" logan said snatching me away from my thoughts. "apparently not" bobby said. once again I just sat there. "is there any beer around here" logan asks. "it's a school" bobby responds. "have you got anything that isn't chocolate milk" logan asks. "I think there's some soda in the cupboard" bobby responds as logan walked over to the cupboard and grabbed a doctor pepper. he was about to take a drink when he gave it to bobby who blew into it making it colder. "thanks" he said. we were silent for a few minutes before a soldier ran into the room completely unexpectedly and began firing at us.