mothers day⋆g

* ✧・゚: *✧2k reads wtfff thank you guys * ✧・゚: *✧

597 WORDS

grayson's pov:

today is mother's day and i wanted it to be one for y/n to remember. especially since it was her first time celebrating as a mom.

i really really wanted it to be a special day for her. everything needed to be perfect.

i woke up a good half hour ago to make y/n's favorite breakfast, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and sausage.

after i set up the food on our kitchen table for four i tip toed down to our ten-month-old sons room, eli.

he was sound asleep in his crib that he's just starting to sleep in since he was becoming older now.

i gently picked him up cradling him, then going to sit in the rocking chair across the room.

"hey buddy! i hope you slept well." i exclaimed nuzzling his nose.

y/n always says he has my nose, but i think he has hers.

i think he's the little boy version of her, but she swears he looks like me.

"today's mother's day, and it's your mommy's first time being able to celebrate as a mom. so we need to make this day extra special for her! i know you're a baby but we need to limit the crying today bup." i whispered so that y/n wouldn't hear through the baby monitor.

"today we need to take the time and thank her for everything she does for us, because trust me we're handfuls."

i started to admire eli's features taking notice he is  y/n's mirror image, "you look just like your momma. she deserves the most relaxing day, and we're going to give it to her, alright?"

"i just don't give her enough credit." i mumbled under my breath closing my eyes.

"oh bubba, you definitely give me enough credit." a quiet voice murmured from the doorway.

it was y/n.

"when did you get up?"

"a few minutes ago." she said leaning against the frame.

"did i wake you from the monitor?" i asked as she shook her head, 'yes.'

"awh i'm sorry angel. i didn't mean to wake you, but happy mother's day."

"it's okay grayson! i couldn't ask for anything else today than spending time with my boys." she told me ask she walked over to eli and i.

she examined our sons face who was cradled in my arms.

"i made you breakfast, it's on the kitchen table."

"i saw. thank you grayson." she said pecking my lips quickly.

her eyes traveled back down to eli, "look at his little dimples." y/n claimed pointing to his cheek. "i swear he's your little doppelgänger."

"babe, i swear he looks just like you!"

"here let's compromise, he's a mix." she said snickering lightly so she wouldn't wake eli.

"i can work with that."

the rest of the day was spent with us cuddling eli all day long in our bedroom, and me letting y/n know how thankful i was for her.

i looked over to the clock on the nightstand and noticed it was already, 10:30.

guess we fell asleep watching the boss baby series.

eli layed in between y/n and i fast asleep, and once i looked over to her i realized she was too.

"goodnight y/n and i hope you had the best first mother's day ever." i spoke softly then kissing her temple.

"i did grayson, thank you so much." her sleepy voice spoke.

i didn't know she could hear what i was saying.

"your welcome gorgeous."

don't come for me. i know mother's day was yesterday at least for me it was, and i know this is trash. it was very rushed i'm sorry! and also go check out the stories that i'm starting up that have been in my drafts for months :) halo, and irreplaceable