08. close rick-counters of the rick kind

Start from the beginning

"What are you talking about?" Cas falsely smiled, her voice slightly higher than usual and a slight annoyed tone in her voice.

"Jesus," Rick scoffed and rolled his eyes. Cas rose one eyebrow, stretching her legs out to get into Rick's space, knowing it would upset him. He lightly kicked her legs, trying to move her legs out of the way. "You're such a child," He grumbled as she smirked but pulled her legs away. It had been a lot of the two just doing childish things to push the others buttons. Cas spent the better part of the year learning about Rick and knew exactly how to push his buttons just enough to annoy him but not too anger him too much. Summer felt it was Cas trying to embarrass Rick to give him even a sliver of the embarrassment she felt that night while Rick was just being his usual asshole self. Cas knew that she was being childish and immature about the whole thing but she was trying to convince herself that she was over him, and provoking him the way she was would hopefully help that cause.

"Coming from you," Cas fired back.

"Original," Rick rolled his eyes.

Cas opened her mouth but was cut off by Beth entering the room, a plate piled high with pancakes drenched in syrup with a bit of butter and a candle on top. Cas rolled her eyes at that, slumping in her seat, earning another light kick from him when her feet got in his space. She flashed him a smirk as he glared at her before faking a smile up at his daughter who was grinning widely. Cas looked down at her bowl of cereal, the unappealing color of the dairy free milk suddenly making her lose her appetite.

"Oh, I get it. Regular pancakes are already shaped like flying saucers," Rick grinned. "Mm, I should be making you breakfast for putting up with me."

"You should be making them a whole restaurant," Cas mumbled, sipping the orange juice in front of her. Jerry snorted at that, "She's not wrong," he added quietly.

"Nonsense, we couldn't be happier to have you around," Beth smiled warmly. "I just wish I got to see more of you." She commented just as the sound of Rick's portal gun filled the brief moment of silence after. Cas almost snorted at the irony as three other versions of Rick dressed in white stepped out of it. Two of them carried weapons on them and all three of them had a small oddly shaped pin on their long white coats.

"Rick Sanchez of Earth dimension C-137, you are under arrest for crimes against alternate Ricks by the authority of the Trans-Dimensional Council of Ricks." The one in the middle pointed towards Rick as he spoke, the other two pointing one weapon at Rick and the other at Cas, who rose one eyebrow.

"Hey, what the heck?!" Jerry shouted, standing up.

"Neutralize the Jerry," The Rick said and Jerry was shot at in the middle of his sentence, now frozen in a block of ice. Summer exclaimed for her father as Beth turned to Rick.

"Everybody relax," Rick said, standing up. "If I know these a-holes and I am these a-holes, they just want to haul me to their stupid clubhouse and waste my time with a bunch of questions." He explained, "Let's get it over with." He pulled his napkin down from his shirt as he spoke.

"Bring his *burps* Morty." The middle Rick said, "And his Cas." He added. Cas huffed as she was pulled from her seat, cuffs placed around her wrists. An odd sensation went over her for a moment and she attempted to bend the metal of the cuffs only to find herself powerless. Her eyebrows furrowed together for a moment as she tried again but only got the same results. "Yeah, g-good luck with that, those neutralize your abilities."