4 - Jennifer

The four of us should have known that something this big wouldn't have been able to be hidden from the cops. None of us even called the cops, they just showed up minutes after we discovered that Barrow was dead. Neither of said a word about whatever the heck Kira did because she's something of the supernatural and that is none of their concern. 

        I've been sitting on this couch between Scott and Stiles for the past ten minutes, being grilled by Agent McCall, who is Scott's dad, and Sheriff Stilinski, who has simply been sitting at his desk behind Agent McCall, watching us. We're sitting in the dark office, all squished together on the couch, while Lydia is perched on the only other chair. Whatever Kira did, she blacked out the entire town.

        "So, when did you get there?" Agent McCall looks up from the small notepad in his hands. 

        "At the same time." Stiles answers, nonchalantly.

         Agent McCall stares at Stiles, leaned up against the front of the desk, his hands on either side of him. "At the same time as who?"

          Scott points to himself. "At the same time as me." 

        Agent McCall shifts his gaze on me. "How do you fit into all of this?"

        "I was with Scott, meaning  we arrived the same time." I explain to him, wishing I was anywhere but here. 

        "By coincidence?" 

        Stiles holds the pillow on his lap, leaning back against the couch. "What do you mean coincidence?"

        Agent McCall waves his hand at the three of us. "That's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

        A look of confusion flashes on Scott's face. "Are you asking me?"

        "I think he's asking me." Stiles tells his friend. 

        "I think he's asking the three of you." Lydia whips her head at the three of us. 

        This conversation is getting no where. 

        "Okay. Let me answer the questions." Agent McCall begins. Everyone in the room gives him a look of amusement. 

        "Oh, well, if you're answering the questions, can I just go home?" I begin to push myself up from the couch. "I have school in the morning."

        Agent McCall holds up a hand. "Sit down." He waits until my butt is planted back on the couch. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear." Agent McCall flips through his notepad, reading off what he has written down. "Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

        "Sounds about right." Stiles agrees. 

        "How'd you know he'd take her to a power station?"

        "Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

        "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

        "Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles winks and points to his dad behind the desk, who seems to be having a hard time not laughing at his son's response. 

        Sheriff Stilinski snorts in laughter, quickly covering it up with a cough and a wave, when Agent McCall looks back at him in disbelief. "Stiles, just, uh- Just answer the man."