Chapter 2: Understanding and Discovering

Winry's POV

After Ed left I started walking to the house. "I wonder what that was about. I know he was trying to tell me something, but what was it, I'll figure it out later. I need to work on Ed's leg so I can spend time with him instead of working on it. I can't believe that he's taller than me, that means I can't call him a pipsqueak anymore."

That night while she was working on Edwards automail leg she figured out what Ed was trying to say to her.

Winry's POV

"Wa-wa-was he proposing to me? I can't believe that I didn't get it before!

"Get what before?" Pinako says walking in.

(Winry ) " Um, how I didn't get how to make automail lighter without compromising it's strength!"

(Pinako) "Really, your going to have to teach me."

(Winry) "Ok, but a little later alright."

(Pinako) "Fine" she grunts in disappointment.

Winry's POV

At least I wasn't lying to her, I really did figure out how to make it light without making it weak. Wich was how I was making Ed's next leg. I'm using a titanium alloy that's as strong if not stronger than steel while still being as light as the titanium itself.

Edwards POV

"Central, Central, everyone off for Central." The guy driving the train yelled loud enough to wake me up. Even though I'm not in the military, Fuhrer Sarcasm (Roy Mustang) still sends someone to come get me from the train. This time, he's sending the Fire and Ice Alchemist, the first female State Alchemist in the history of Amestris. Truthfully I'm really excited to meet her. Apparently she's pretty badass out on the feild. Somehow she figured out a way to use flame alchemy and freeze the water in the air using alchemy to create her fire and ice alchemy. But when I got off the train I saw a girl that looked a lot like me, especially with the golden eyes, she turned and walked up to me and said "Are you Mr.Elric?" she said kindly.

(Ed) "Yup, that's me, Edward Elric, you can call me Ed, are you the Fire and Ice Alchemist?"

"Yes I am, my name is Clarice Hohenheim"

(Ed) " Did you say Hohenheim, Van Hohenheim?"

(Clarice) " Yes, I see you knew my father."

(Ed) "YOUR FATHER, but that can't be."

(Clarice) "Well it is why, are you so shocked?"

(Ed) "My mother was Trisha Elric and my father was Van Hohenheim!

(Clarice) "Your father is Hohenheim! That means that you're my, you're my, you're my half brother! And what do you mean your father was?"

She sounded concerned.

(Ed) "He's not exactly around anymore."

(Clarice) "Oh my God, since when."

(Ed) "He past about a year and a half ago."

(Clarice) "When it comes to him, we're not that different. Mostly I wanted to see him so I can beat the holy shit out of him. But I also wanted to get to know him. Believe it or not he walked out on me and my mom too, along with all my brothers and sisters."

(Ed) "Wait, slow down. How many brothers and sisters do you have anyway?"

(Clarice) "Other then me I have five siblings, not counting you and Alphonse. I have one sister and one brother that was born at the same time as me. Then I have two other brothers and one younger sister that were also born the same time. So basically my mom had two rounds of triplets. But only me my brother and my sister are related to Hohenheim. Not the other three. Other than me my sister and my brother all the other three are four years younger than me."

(Ed) "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

(Clarice) "I'm 19 why?"

(Ed) "That makes you two years older than me. And the second round of triplets two years younger than me."

(Clarice) "Oh, I understand what you're doing, you're trying to get a timeline."

(Ed) "When did he leave?"

(Clarice) " He left when I was one and a half. If it helps at all, I remember hearing my mother and Hohenheim talking about a fight that Hohenheim had got in with a woman named Trisha before meeting my mother."

(Ed) "No way, thats my moms name."

(Clarice) "Not long after that he left. I'm guessing about a year later you came long.

(Ed) "That sounds about right."

(Clarice) " Look Edward I'd love to keep talking but Fuhrer Mustang wants to see you. We can talk later. If you want too you can crash at my place tonight."

(Ed) "Really, thanks I really appreciate it. We better get to Mustang before he gets all pissed off."

(Clarice) " Don't worry about that, he's actually in a pretty good mood today. Lucky for you you didn't have to see him angry last week, long story short he blew up a few things. You know him being all Sparky Sparky boom man."

(Ed) "You can fill me in on that story later. But while he's in a good mood I'd like to see him."

(Clarice) "Good idea."