The Tortured Souls of Charleston

A/U: I'm super I have been so so late, and my internet was being crappy. But I come to you all with a warning. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED! This story includes character death, blood, violence, and very triggering themes. If you are easily repulsed or triggered by these themes, PLEASE SKIP THIS STORY!! Although.. a lot of the short stories will be dark and violent. If you choose to proceed, please tread lightly...

Charleston, South Carolina. Ava Castren wanted to live in this beautiful place since she first learned about The Civil War. So much history has occurred in this area and she thought that maybe this would be an interesting place to reside in, and she grew up wanting nothing more than to purchase the house of her dreams in the place of her dreams. Ava smiled at her husband, Elias, as she carried the heavy boxes into her brand-new home. She felt extremely ecstatic the moment she purchased this beautiful home. This was exactly what she dreamed of since she was an infant, and her heart leaped in joy at the feeling of accomplishment.

The house was everything she wanted: a classic 19th century styled home that shone bright white with large and thick pillars. It was the perfect house, for the perfect couple, in her perfect dream place. Everything was absolutely perfect.

Or so she thought..

Several hours after diligently packing away their belongings, the Castren's exhaustedly laid on their brand-new mattress and as their muscles began to relax, they looked at each other lovingly as smiles stretched their faces.

"We did it, love. We bought our dream home we've been working so hard on," Ava whispered happily, her emotions finally pouring over her as tears of happiness clouded her vision. She laid her dark brown colored hand on Elias'  pale cheek as he threw her a charming smile.

"I know, and I'm so happy we finally got our home we can raise our family in," his deep voice spoke, his Finnish accent causing her face to burn as he leaned over and brought his pastel rose colored lips to hers in a passionate kiss as he rubbed her stomach lovingly "A home where we can grow old in."

His blond hair fell over his forehead as he brought his lips to Ava's soft skin. She smiled softly and as she looked upon his handsome features, she again wondered how she managed to be with a man who looked as if he should be a model. His face was decorated with just two piercings, one on his eyebrow and a nose ring that hung loosely. With these "rebellious" features, Ava was still surprised he was running a successful publishing company with more than enough pay. Elias didn't look like your ordinary businessman, with his looks. However, after being with Elias for nearly four years, she knew that was his biggest pet peeve "Judging a book by its cover." Which was why he worked so hard building a company from the ground up, he hired based on potential, not on how one looked.

"I'm still amazed at your success with Lia Corp. How did you manage to succeed," Ava dreamily spoke, her hand caressing his flawless features. She knew the answer all too well, for she has asked him this dozens of times before. Elias gave her yet another charming grin

"Like I've told you dozens of times before, I have a way with my words, lovely," His deep accented voice said, his thumb absentmindedly rubbing her protruding stomach. Ava raised an eyebrow

"So that explains how you got with me?"

Elias' smile disappeared, and a small frown took its place. Ava furrowed her eyebrows, afraid that she might've said something wrong before his hand drifted from her stomach to her chin, gripping tightly

"Now you know there was more to that, kaunis," His voice dropped at least two octaves as he slipped to his native tongue. "The moment I first laid eyes on you, I knew you had to be mine. And although you were quite difficult to get to, I finally shattered that little wall you tried to build around your heart and took it." Elias suddenly leaned forward, nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck, holding her waist possessively. "Now your heart, body, and mind belongs to me. You're mine."