Letting the Monster Loose

Start from the beginning

I unlock it and she rushes to her sisters side. "Grab her and go. I'm gonna find Vincent." I said.

"It was a trap-" she started.

"I know." I smile. "But that's not gonna stop me from saving my friends."

She stared at me for a long time, a longing in her eyes, but she then grabbed her sister, pulling her unconscious body onto her back. "Be careful." she said shortly before running to the opposite door I had come from.

I turn to see more ghouls running down the hall, all of them have their kagune out. Funny, all their kagune are small fry. I grin, putting my mask on before they get too close and throwing my hood on over it. My kagune aims at them, waiting for the right time to strike.

There's three of them. The first is easy, I slam him into the wall with a large swing. The second one runs in the gap, but I block his punch and knee his side, making him cough up saliva. I quickly punch his Adams Apple, making him clench his throat. The third flinches at seeing the first two, I turn my mask to him and stare intently.

"What's wrong? I thought it was dinner time." I said, taking a step forward.

He took a step back each step I took, looking more frightened. "W-what the hell, you weren't supposed to be able to make a kagune based on our info!" He yelled in fear.

I smile, so they thought I was more human. To bad I'm completely half, I'm about to show them a great time. In the back of my mind, my human self glares at me. I know, no killing. Just kicking ass will do.

I grab him quickly with my kagune and throw him in one of the cells, locking the door. He looked at me with plea. "Y-you can't just leave me here!" He yelled as I walked away. "I'll starve!"

I laugh. "Then starve."

I didn't kill him, now did I?

I find the stair case again and walk up it, maybe I can find Vincent on the third or second floor. up the stairs, I see a ghoul with a gun, an assault rifle. I zig zag my way up the stairs, the bullets all missing except one, that grazed me a bit on my leg.

I grab the gun and push it upwards, making him fire the rest of his clip into the ceiling. His Kagune came out, a Bikaku, hitting me quickly in the face. I spit out blood and punch his gut, making his wretch out his lunch. I get ahead of him on the stairs and kick him in the back, making him fall down the flight of stairs and ram him face into the ground.

I burst through the door, inside is one man, who runs at me with a clever. I duck dodging his swing as I trip him with a quick sweep of my legs. He falls and I pin him down, and punch his temple, making him grunt in pain.

I get up, leaving him clenching his head. Nothing on this floor, just a bunch of dead bodies, most likely the food supply. I cover my nose at the stench, smelling like something mixed with rotten sewage. Maybe it's because the corpses are too old for any ghoul to eat.

I climb another flight of stairs. Swinging open the next door to find a fist fling straight into my face, making me double over. I didn't expect that! I take a step back and see two men. One with his kagune out, the enemy. The second, is Vincent, tied to the wall, bloody and beaten.

Vincent's arm was just a bunch of scraps of flesh and bone now. His shirt was torn, showing cuts along his body. His face is aimed downwards, knocked unconscious.

"You hurt him?" I asked, my anger beginning to boil.

The man didn't answer me, just began to swing his kagune around and throwing his fists. This one was fast! He landed a blow on my gut, making me cough as he spinner and tried a kick, but I grab his leg and pull him closer, elbowing his head.