9

C H A E Y O U N G     P O V   

It was about dinner time on the flight, I slowly ate my fill while reading over some other files that mum wanted me to look over. When I was finished with everything, I packed everything neatly together, to make it easier for the flight attendants to put things away. I packed all the files away into my bag, I took my headphones and phone out. I listened to music and started to fall asleep. One of the staff members came over to make my bed, while another handed me a pair of satin pyjamas and some toiletries then showed me to the built-in shower.

After the shower, I slipped back into the now-made bed. I put on my headphones and fell asleep. A couple of hours went by and I had woken up again, we were nearing our destination by now. I only just noticed that there were only two other passengers that were in business class. I gathered all my clothes and toiletries then went to go take another shower and do my normal routine. Slapping on my skincare then putting everything away neatly, a few more minutes went by and they started to serve Breakfast. 

After breakfast was over, the flight should be landing in LA in about 2 hours so I can probably fit in some last minute work. I typed away my time on the laptop until the seatbelt sign came back on, I packed everything away, made sure everything was in it's place then looked out the window to see below, 

"Can't believe I'm back here in less than a year," I muttered to no one in particular, I put in my Oppo buds and looked for my driver, spotting my driver with two others, talking in a hush tone. 

"Nice to see you again, Louis." I greeted my old driver, he nodded and started leading me away. I picked up my luggage, one of the men that was with us took my luggage while the other carried my bag. 

The four of us climbed into the Black SVU, looking through the mirror, Louis asked where our first destination would be. "Let's go to the office first, I want to see them without notification." 

"Right away ma'am." 

The ride from the airport to the office was a good one and half hours, plus traffic. While Louis and Terence conversed among themselves at the front, Amelia, a new hire. Passed me any documents my mother may had them passed to me for inspections. According to the paperwork, I'll have to fire a whole lot of awful people and hire a whole lot of people that are hopefully trustworthy and not abusive with their authority. "We've arrived ma'am. Would you like us to make notification?" 

"No, it's alright. I want to see their raw reactions and real behaviour." I replied while fishing for my ID Tag from the very bottom of the folder. "Amelia, come with me. Terence, you go with Chaeyoung." 

"Terence, what do they know of me?" 
"Permission to speak casually, ma'am?" 

"Permission granted and call me Chaeyoung or Eli." 
"From what our interns and data have gathered. The office is changing over to new hands, someone who is a close friend of the chairman. Some has speculated that the new boss will be someone mean and overpowering, change everything, make things for better or for worse, ruin our sales and shareholders. Some have also started spreading the rumour of that the new boss is a mistress to the chairman which ultimately received bad reviews from both our own people and third parties." 

"Anything else, because your expression is telling me more than what you are letting on." 
"My apologies, Miss Eli. But somehow, they have speculated that their new boss is a child and they do not agree to be serving someone younger than they are." 

"Very well. Once we are inside, can you note down anything I should be concern of?" 
"Like what?" 
"The environment, the mannerism, any underlying issues that they would try to hide about working here. Anyone from a higher position giving them weird looks. According to my records from my personal team, there have been mishaps of that nature that was covered by the HR team."