chapter 7

Afnan's POV

For any student today being Monday you just feel grumpy, naturally, but for some reason unknown to me am feeling hyper!

I woke up before everyone, get ready and even went downstairs to make breakfast.

I brought out the pancake batter from the fridge which mama always make beforehand in order to save time.

I start frying while humming a song I can't even remember its name.

Around 7:00 I was done.

I place everything on the dining when I caught sight of mama coming down the stairs in a haste while she tie her head tie.

"Ya Allah ma late, and this good for nothing children can't even wake up themselves talk less of making breakfast" she mumbled to herself with a huff sounding angry.

Placing down the last bit of cutlery with a clanking sound brought mama's attention towards me and she stop in her tracks.

"Afnan, what are you doing here" she asked surprised.

"Why are you so surprised" I asked back with a laugh at her expression.

"It's just that it's a miracle that you're up so early" she replied "if to say you will always be this punctual" she continued and glared at me.

I gave her a sheepish look.

She made her way to the kitchen and I wait to see her reaction.

She took in her surroundings completely baffled, and then she turn to me.

"What happen in my kitchen" she asked with  narrowed eyes.

"I made breakfast" I replied happily bouncing on my feet.

"Really?" She asked surprised making her way back to the dinning area.

Now that she wasn't in a haste, she took note of the platter with pancakes, Marple syrup, honey, nutella and all the toppings on it, a complete breakfast which goes with tea.

She turned with a smile facing me.

"You just save the day afifi, Allah ya miki albarka" she patted my back happily.

I beamed at her a nice feeling surge through my chest, happy and proud at myself for making my mother happy.

"Ok then, go check if the rest are ready and call them down for breakfast and and will go call your Abba" mama said.

"Asif hasn't come out yet" she asked.

"Yes" I nodded.

"But that's unlike him, I hope everything is ok, anyway I will check on him"

Having the men's room downstairs I head upstairs where we have all the girls room there.

I made my way upstairs when mama called.

"And afnan tell Abeedah to also get ready were going to start working on her wedding dress today"

I nodded and head upstairs.

I took the turn to the corridor when a figure stopped me from proceeding, I take a closer and realise its yaya Abeedah.

She's standing in front of Aneesa's room with her ear placed closely to the door, probably doing gulma.

I sighed and shake my head amused at her antics, her head swivelled to my direction and she shushed me not to make any noise.

I stayed rooted to my spot until yaya Abeedah abruptly leave their doorstep and pretend she just walking through the corridor.