Sequel

H

On 24 March 2020, the under Prime Minister ordered a nationwide for 21 days, limiting movement of the entire 1.3 billion population of India as a preventive measure against the . It was ordered after a 14-hour voluntary public curfew on 22 March, followed by enforcement of a series of regulations in the country's COVID-19 affected regions. The lockdown was placed when the number of confirmed positive coronavirus cases in India was approximately 500. Observers stated that the lockdown had slowed the growth rate of the pandemic by 6 April to a rate of doubling every six days, and by 18 April, to a rate of doubling every eight days.

As the end of the first lockdown period approached, state governments and other advisory committees recommended extending the lockdown. The governments of and extended the state lockdowns to 1 May. , Karnataka, and followed suit. On 14 April, Prime minister Narendra Modi extended the nationwide lockdown until 3 May, with a conditional relaxation after 20 April for the regions where the spread had been contained.

On 1 May, the extended the nationwide lockdown further by two weeks until 17 May. The Government has divided the entire nation into three zones—green, red and orange—with relaxations applied accordingly.

On 17 May, nationwide lockdown was further extended till 31 May by .

Contents

·

o

·

o

·

o

o

o

o

·

o

o

o

o

o

·

·

·

·