Chapter twenty one (edited)

There's no way I would forget him. His inhuman beauty, the rainbow in his eyes. His sweet smile. 

" Papa?" I go to take a step but behind him, I see both Kanae and Inosuke on their knees. 

" Papa, what are you doing here? I thought you died. I thought..." I can feel the tears forming in my eyes. I know what he's doing here. 

I just don't want to be right. 

" What do you mean darling? I'm saving people. Don't you remember? It's what I do. " He comes to touch my cheek and I step back. 

" Papa. I always wondered. Why mama didn't jump with us. Why she stayed behind. " I look down and the tears finally free falling. 

 She stayed behind to be killed by the man she loved. She loved this man. 

" But i understand now, it makes so much more sense. Why she suddenly took us into the night and why you weren't there with us. She was saving us from you..." I grip my blade holding it tight. 

I draw it. An unbelievable amount of power flowing through my veins. The sound of my blood pumping over whelming all of my other senses. 

" Just like your mother. Kotoha, she really did an amazing job with the two of your. Anyone would be able to see the resemblance. You all are just so beautiful. I can feel her in me still. She must be so proud of her kids. " He gives me a smile and I feel more tears. 

" Papa... please... just die.. die so I can say good bye to you. So that I can remember you as my papa.. Please.." I plead and he just walks toward me and I know he's not listening. 

At that moment. I felt a snap. more like a cut. I let the emotions leave me. I feel no hate. No love, no care. 

I just know that I need to kill this demon to protect my brother. I was right. My brother is my only family. Papa and mama died that night in the rain. 

I don't give him time to react as I attack. 

" Beast breath, First fang: Call of the wild. " I let my instincts take over. Don't think about anything. 

Dodge, Kill, and

Survive. 

That's all that needs to happen. My shoulders ache with how far back they push, my back hurts from how badly it's arched. My fingers red from how horribly hard they grip my blade. 

Cuts and scraps form on my skin as I attack him. 

Don't worry about your body. As long as you survive, there is time to heal. If I die, these cuts won't matter. 

My breathing is calm. Much calmer than I thought I would be. My hands are steady. My cuts are clean. My attacks are fast.   

I don't even see him aim an attack at stomach until it's too late. I notice it out the corner of my eye but I'm already  in the middle of an attack, there's nothing I can do.  

I feel my blade cut clean through his neck. but I don't feel his hand go through my abdomen. He had stopped moments before the impact. 

and when I look at his severed head. I see his smile. That despicable smile that he had showed us everyday. That sickeningly sweet smile that he gave me as I played at his feet. But to a 4 year old me, they looked genuine. Right now, I want to believe it's genuine. 

The tears won't stop. 

I find myself falling to my knees crawling towards his head. Even as he disappears in a black dust, he smiles. 

" I didn't kill you all because I loved you.  He closes his eyes in a closed eye smiles. 

" Goodbye my princess. "  I hear his words and I wail. I bring my hands to my face and cry out in despair. Even though he was a demon, to my 4 years old self, he was my father. He was my papa. I don't know if it's the fact that my memory of him was all fake or If I really truly didn't want him to die, but the pain in my chest is unbearable. I can't help but cry out. 

He had the chance to kill me. To put a hole through me and end my life but he didn't. He spared me.  Makes me want to believe that he really did love me. But now I'll never know. I'll never know because I killed him. 

Inosuke and Kanae make their way towards me, hurt and broken. I see the damage they have dealt with. I see the cuts and bruises, the irreversible wounds. 

I'll have time to cry later. 

I wipe my tears and slowly get up. I feel my body pulse. It's tired. What ever that state I was in, it drained me. Makes me afraid to fight another demon. I wouldn't be able to fight for much longer. 

" Nee-chan.. " Inosuke has tears in his eyes. He must have found out about mama and about that night. 

" It'll be alright Inosuke. We'll talk about it after we Kill Muzan." I whisper and he nods. I place a hand on both of their heads. They are so strong. 

" Let's go kill him. "