Chapter 3: Bring Me Higher Love

After leaving Sleepy Hollow, Braedey kept his smile up on his face all the way back home from New York to Santa Cruz. Once getting home, the two males soon met up with Karen, who picked them both up from the airport, and they soon headed off home. However, when they arrived home...

"WHERE HAVE YOU TWO BEEN?!" Roxanne thundered. The two males remained silent. "I mean, honestly. Not answering my calls... no note... your truck gone... I mean, what in the world have you two been doing?!" She demanded from them.

"We've just been driving around town. Is that such a bother?" Braedey fumed.

"Actually, it is. I mean, what were you doing for over a whole day?" Roxanne demanded.

"Like my son said, we were driving around town to spend the time, especially after the horrible present you gave him." James cut in, Roxanne looking livid at him. "If you had actually bothered to spend time with my children instead of ordering them about as if they were your slaves, you'd actually know what they like or dislike." He added on.

As both Roxanne and James argued, Braedey and Karen headed upstairs to talk in silence and not let Roxanne know about what's been happening. Karen walked into her brother's bedroom, and she sat on the bed, while he stood in the middle of the room.

"So? What happened?" Karen asked.

Braedey looked left and right, then leaned in to whisper into Karen's ear. "Dad and I headed to Sleepy Hollow in New York, where we saw the biggest car collection in a warehouse. There were old Buicks, Lincolns, a Jaguar, and we came across a Lamborghini Miura."

"Really? Wow." Karen breathed out in awe.

"Well, Dad and I bought the Lamborghini, and as we speak, it's being transported on road to home." Braedey added in.

"That's great. I can't wait to see this car when it gets here." Karen said to her brother.

"Yeah. But before that happens, keep it quiet between you, me, and Dad. We can't let Roxanne know." Braedey hushed her.

"I got it. Your secret is safe with me." Karen nodded to him, and with that, Braedey headed out to clean up the workshop shed.

Karen then pulled out her phone, and she began to send a text message to her mother, so she'll know what was going on. She then locked her phone to make sure Roxanne can't access it in the night.

'Braedey is going to have a lot of fun working on that car.' Karen thought to herself, then she headed off downstairs to get something to eat.

~*~*~

Over the next few days, Braedey had been cleaning up one bay of the garage workshop, all the while with throwing parts belonging to the Cadillac into the SUV, all the while keeping the oils and lubricants cleaned up and contained, as well as getting the tools and paint equipment all ready for something big and important. This was getting Roxanne's attention, and she wondered what was going on. But, no matter what she could do, she couldn't get an answer of what he was up to, much to her frustration. On top of that, both Karen and James were keeping their lips shut, and Roxanne was annoyed by this lack of information, her now keeping an eye on Braedey to know what he's up to.

Eventually, after about five days, a transport truck began to arrive down the road, approaching the house. This got Braedey, James, and Karen's attention, and they headed off to meet up with the truck, all the while with Roxanne narrowing her eyes at what's happening.

"Okay, back it up." James called to the truck, as the vehicle reversed up onto the driveway towards the workshop sheds.

"All the way. That's it. Stop!" Braedey added, the truck stopping with a hiss of its brakes. "Okay. Let's get this unloaded and in the shed." He announced.