"I shouldn't have pushed you away the way I did and so I must apologize to you for that, you didn't deserve that. Charlotte, I am sorry," He apologized sincerely and he was. The tears that filled her eyes last night before she ran away had been like a punch to the guy, a physical hit more than he deserved.

"I'm not," He cocked his head confused at her words. She brought her hand up to caress the side of his face gently, feeling his stubble cover jawline under her fingertips, "I'm not sorry because I got to kiss you for the first time in 50 years. I got to have you hold me in your arms and feel your body against mine after only having imagined it for so long."

"I looked for you once, and found you," He confessed in a quiet breath, dropping his forehead against her, his arms coming up to circle around her waist.

"When?" She asked, eyes falling shut just letting herself listen to him.

"It was years after you left. Rebekah told me about visiting you and accidentally let it slip that she would be visiting you in New York. I made it seem like I didn't care, but after knowing where you were after so long I couldn't help myself. I followed her to New York and watched the two of you around town. I'll admit the shopping part was quite boring but watching you two laughing and having fun gave me a strange sense of comfort. I wanted badly to just come over. I stopped myself though, you looked so happy and content I didn't want to ruin that, I didn't want to fuck up your new life," So many emotions passed through his voice as he spoke and it broke Charley's heart when she heard the pain in his voice.

"Elijah, darling, you can fuck my life up any time," She whispered, grabbing his face and pulling him into a kiss, praying he wouldn't pull away this time.

He sighed when her lips pressed against his, using his body to press her tightly against the wall as he kissed back. He would never get tired of kissing her. All of the years before he never got tired of it and now it was like the first time all over again. Kissing her made him feel as close to being human as he could get.

"As much as I would love to just stay here like this, we do still have some business to attend to," Elijah pulled away from their kiss breathless, one hand sliding up to caress her face mirroring her own hand on his face.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon," She leaned up kissing him once more before untangling herself from him. "C'mon let's find something to occupy the time until Marcel finds us,"

For the next hour they walked around the little community, talking about things that had happened over their years apart and ended up standing and watching two older men playing a game of chess.

"Davina's on her way. By the time she gets here, you need to be gone." Marcel spoke walking up on the other side of Elijah.

"I'm not going anywhere until I know the whereabouts of that stake," He answered, still watching the game of chess.

"What, you think she's just gonna cooperate with you standing here. First thing I learned about living with your family, wherever you people go threats and bloodshed are soon to follow. So just stay out of sight, try not to kill anyone. And Charlie, it was good to see you," Marcel turned to leave back down one of the alleyways.

"I see he's still not Mikaelson's biggest fan," Charley chuckled, nudging him with her elbow and receiving a small smile in return.

"Yes, well past traumas still take a toll on him I guess. Come on," He tilted his head, grabbing her hand and leading her down the same alley Marcel had just disappeared down.

"Charlie, what are you doing here?" Marcel asked as he opened the door to his apartment.

"Well, I wanted to meet Davina. I asked Elijah to stay out of sight just like you did. She doesn't know me, she doesn't have to know who I'm here with," Charley shrugged walking in when he stepped aside.