I saw Chancellor Jaha on the screen. He started speaking: 'Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable'.

'Fucking asshole,' i shouted. A few people started laughing. I grinned at my joke. 'That's kinda pathetic, you know, laughing at your own jokes, ' Jasper snorted. 'Oh shut up, Moony.'

'Those crimes will be forgiven; your records wiped clean.' He went on and on. Did he ever stop talking? At that moment, I saw a familiar face floating around. I heard him say something. 'Check it out; your dad floated me after all.' A few people started laughing. He started talking to a blonde girl.

At that moment, the ship started shaking again. But not only that. Everything went wrong. I looked at Monty and Jasper and held my best friends' their hands. 'No matter what will happen, I love you, two idiots,' i screamed. They looked scared at me and pinched my side. 'We love you too,' they said at the same time.

I closed my eyes and thought of everything that I've been through. And in that second, I thought I would die. But then, the ship crashed. The machine hum went over. I opened my eyes and let go of Monty and Jasper their hands.

Monty pointed his finger up: 'Listen, no machine hum.' 'Woah, that's a first,' Jasper said. My eyes got big.

I looked around. Everyone was taking off their buckles, and so was i. The first thing I did was running towards Finn and jumping on his back. He almost fell over. 'Guess who I am, Finnieboy,' i said with a weird voice. 'Elaine!?' he said, amazed. He almost threw me off his back to turn around and hug me. I hugged him back.

'It's been a long time. I didn't know you were here. You have to tell me what happened,' i said surprised. 'I will some other time.' He let go of me and laughed before pulling me into another hug.

'So, why didn't you tell us you had a lover?' Jasper asked, winking. I let go of Finn, and I laughed. "Finn and I are like brother and sister'. I threw my arm over his shoulder. Together we walked towards the ladder, and we climbed downstairs.

'If the air is toxic, we're all dead anyway,' a boy stated. I looked at the boy and saw a girl next to him. Wait, another familiar face: my first and only cellmate.

'Octavia?' i asked. I walked towards them. 'Elaine, is that you?' she asked with a little tear in the corner of her eye. 'Yes,' I said, smiling as I pulled her in a big hug, 'I missed you so much. I thought they floated you,' she said. I pulled away: 'They made a mistake, I didn't turn 18 for another two months'. 'I'm glad that you're alive,' she said gladly. I wiped a tear from her face.

Then the blonde girl came into the conversation. She looked at the boy next to Octavia. 'Where is your wristband?' she asked. Octavia looked a bit annoyed as she said: 'Do you mind, I haven't seen my brother in a year' and she pulled him into a hug. So that was the oh-so-famous Bellamy Blake. I heard everything about him, and she loved him so much.

'No one has a brother,' a random boy shouted. 'But that's Octavia Blake, the girl they found hidden under the floor,' another delinquent shouted. Octavia's facial expression changed. She was ready to attack but got stopped by Bellamy. 'Octavia, Octavia, no. Let's give them something else to remember you by'. She got a little calmer and said: 'Yeah, like what?'. 'Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years,' he said, smiling. She looked at me and then at her brother.

She took my hand and pulled me next to her. 'I won't do it without her,' she said. Bellamy looked from Octavia to me and nodded. He looked to his right and grabbed the lever. Quickly he pulled it down.