What Do I Do?

"Let's break up," he said. "Okay." You replied. You tried to act calm and cool about it but you were breaking down inside, drowning in your own tears and tears were probably replacing the blood in your body. Luckily, it was the end of the school day, you walked out of the classroom sobbing discretely so nobody sees you crying. You leaned onto your locker and slide down, eventually sitting on the floor. You palmed your cheeks, crying in your hands. "Uh excuse me, move aside," some guy said in an extremely sassy tone, you can't even stand it. His tone made you sit still, disregarding his request or demand. "Dude! Move!" You refused to, you were too tired to. He squatted down beside you. "_______?" You looked at him. It just had to be him, your annoying neighbour slash childhood friend slash enemy. "Ohh. I see somebody crying," Kris teased you with all his might. "I suck ok! I get it! Go away!" You shouted in his face. "Woah woah... Okay. I just wanted to put back my books. Do you mind?" He asked, less sarcastic but in a more caring tone. You shifted a little, just enough for him to open and close his locker. Once he's done, he asked,"sooooo... What happened?" He sounded excited. Man, what a sensitive guy isn't he? "Terrible break up," you replied despite his insensitivity. "I wonder who made this Iron Lady cry, I would kill him," Kris said, he meant it, at least it sounded like it.

You stood up and was about to leave when Kris grabbed your wrist. "So what are you gonna do? Cry yourself to sleep tonight?" He asked. "Maybe," you shrugged. Kris twirled you around and pulled you into his embrace. His 6 foot body against yours felt nice and comforting, like a gigantic teddy bear you would hug as a child if only you were still tiny enough. It lasted a little too long and you start to get uncomfortable. "Kris?" You asked, looking up at him. "Are you ever getting over him?" He asked, ignoring the time that went by. "I don't know, I don't know what to do," you replied, still in his embrace. "Why don't you tell me what to do?" "What the heck are you talking about Kris? Are you on drugs?" You questioned, almost wanting it to sound funny but it didn't seem to work for Kris. "I like you, what do I do now?" Kris asked. You knew he meant it from the bottom of his heart this time. "You--you what?" You're sure you heard it clearly but it felt weird hearing it from your childhood enemy. "I like-- you know what? I love you. I love you _____, I really do." Kris confessed. Your heart fluttered, it started to race, you didn't know why, you probably do. You liked him ever since puberty did him some good. "I don't know. Maybe you could uh, let go of me?" He did as you said. "I don't know what you're supposed to do but I'm sure we can do this." You tiptoed and kissed him on the cheek.