When Greeks Kiss

(AUTHOR NOTE: I debated posting this because when I originally wrote it, it was very racy, even more so than here. Also posting this now, you'll note it's pretty much like Silas. :)  I'd used the "Greeks taught the world how to kiss" line with Silas when I was pretty sure this one wasn't going to see the light of day.  

Now that I'm working with this, I just wanted to let you readers know context before I posted. Hope it makes sense. )

We waited until it appeared like most people were back from the sixth inning stretch before getting up to walk around. The walkway had been overcrowded, making it impossible to pass through so waiting seemed like a better option.

By then, my bra was soaked with sweat, weighing heavy against my chest. I wasn't sure if I could ever pull the jeans off. They were sucked into my body like cling wrap. I should have worn shorts but I hadn't expected it to be this hot.

Seba took the lead again up the steps. I followed and when we got to the landing this time, he didn't hesitate to reach for my hand to pull me along beside him. In his other hand, he carried the bag of items we'd bought with us.

"Are you hungry?" he asked. He nodded toward one of the crowded sit-down restaurants. "Do you want that or a hotdog?"

"It's not a game without a hotdog, right?"

He grinned. "You're right." He nudged me toward one of the hotdog stands. He released my hand and I almost wished I'd said sit-down restaurant, because I could have held on longer.

Seba asked what I wanted. I opted for a hotdog but was hungry enough for two and didn't want to say so. He ordered four hot dogs, a large nachos and two waters.

"Perfect," he said, carrying a tray with everything in his huge hands. "Want to eat up here under the shade?"

"Please," I begged. I wasn't sure I could handle the sun and Seba and hot dogs all crowded together.

He found an abandoned table near one of the bars. He shoved his chair next to mine, sitting beside me.

"Having fun?" he asked me, fixing up one of the hot dogs.

"Yeah," I said, opening one of the water bottles. "Aren't you?"

"Uh huh. I just couldn't tell if you were."

I stopped short of drinking some water to stare after him. "I'm having fun," I insisted.

"You looked kind of angry."

My mouth fell open. "What? I'm not angry."

"You're not mad that I kissed you, are you?"

"No!" I said, although louder than I'd meant, so it probably sounded like I was ticked off. "No," I said in a gentler tone. "I mean you did ask but I was surprised."

He picked his eyes up from the hot dog in front of him, gazing over it at me. "Surprised in a bad way?"

"No!" Why was talking to him so difficult? Or maybe it was the heat getting to me. I wanted to stay a lot but it was hard to formulate words. "I wasn't expecting... I mean I didn't know you were..."

A smooth dark eyebrow lifted. "Angelos, when I ask a girl to go on a trip with me, I don't mean it lightly."

Holy shit. "So this is like a date?"

He sat back, frowning. "Maybe I wasn't clear..." He paused, his lips moving like he wanted to say more but wasn't.

Just answer the question! "I just didn't know you were interested in me like that."