Preface

PREFACE

            Harry watched Lily as she held her mother’s hand, looking at the clown that was making faces to her and making her a balloon animal. It was a warm summer evening and there was a carnival in town. He knew that the kids would love to see it. Ron, Hermione, Rose, and hugo had made their way as well, going with James and Albus to go on some rides.

            Happy looked down at his five year old daughter who giggled and shyly thanked the clown as he made her a hat with a swan on it out of balloons. Ginny thanked the clown as well before her and Harry began walking away. Lily looked around and saw the Ferris Wheel in the air. She stared at it in wonder before she turned to her father. The little redhead got on her tip toes and tried to make the cutest face she ever could when she begged her parents, “mummy, daddy? Can I go on it?”

            Ginny looked up at the Ferris Wheel and she looked back at Harry, who was thinking as well. Lily was small for her age. He wondered if they would let her on. Although, he had heard Hermione say that she would get in line with the kids there, so even if Lily couldn’t go on, Ron and Hermione would be able to stay with her. Plus, it would give Harry and Ginny a chance to spend some time alone, get supper and maybe do some things themselves.

            Harry looked at Ginny and he told her, “well, the others are there. She could go on with Teddy, James, and Albus if they let her.”

            Ginny thought for a moment. She didn’t want the little girl out of her sight.

            But what harm could come?

            Upon hearing that her brothers were there, Lily got even more excited, “can I go with them? Please please please please?”

            Harry sighed and so did Ginny. They looked at each other and Harry shrugged, “what could happen?”

            He went through his pocket and he gave the little redhead in a ponytail some tickets that would allow her on the ride. The child held them tightly and with pride as she jumped up and down with excitement. Ginny smiled and Harry told Lily, “I want you to go straight to Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione, okay? Nothing else. Do you understand Lily?”

            Ginny looked at Harry, almost angrily, “Harry we can walk her. She’s too young.”

            Harry shook her head, “it’ll give us a bit of a break. She can do it. It’s just down the path. She’ll probably just turn the corner and she will be right there.”

            The redhead mother was silent for a couple of seconds before she nodded and looked down at Lily, “sweetheart, can you promise to be a good girl and do just that. Go straight to your brothers and aunt and uncle?”

            The little girl smiled, “I promise.”

            Ginny sighed and told her, a small smile forming on her face, “Alright. We’ll see you soon okay. Be safe!”

            Little Lily smiled and she nodded before giggling, running off in the direction of the Ferris Wheel, her little blue dress moving with her. Ginny and Harry watched her until she turned a bend. Ginny let out a sigh and Harry told her, “she’ll be okay.”

            Ginny looked at her husband as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, walking her to a direction to some food.

***

            Harry and Ginny were sitting on one of the benches, smiling. It had been maybe an hour. Things were peaceful and the carnival was winding down as it was almost going to close for the night.