Monty stares at her his eyes hard and unbelieving. He knew how Bryce was, hell he had known about Hannah and Jessica before most people did, but this? This was different. With Hannah and Jessica he believed that in a way they had came onto Bryce, or with Jessica being drunk she might have just wanted someone, but seeing the broken look in Maddie's eyes told him that he was wrong. "He wanted me to drink with him, but you know how I am so I didn't, and honestly I'm glad I didn't because he could have put something in it." She whispers before continuing. "He tried to kiss me at first and that was it, like he thought that was a good way to comfort me about Justin but then out of the blue he just, I don't know, lost control. He pinned me to the bed and started to pull off my pants." She says.

"But," She quickly adds when he sees Monty open his mouth to begin talking. "He didn't get all the way, like with Jessica, it was just," Another pause. "Just touching."

It was silent for a few moments like Monty was trying to figure out what was true, and what he could believe, and when Maddie finally looked up to him, he scooped her into his arms and embraced her with all he had. "I'm sorry that happened. And I'm sorry you felt you couldn't trust me before." Maddie let go of a few tears, she was just happened he believed her and he was listened to her. He pulled back and looked at her wiping away a few tears and then breathed in hard and swallowed. "Maddie, I am, I am so sorry that happened. But Bryce- He's-" Maddie cuts him off her arms clutching onto his arms.

"I know." She says with a reassuring nod. Maybe it was because she had to live everyday under the same roof as her rapist but she honestly didn't care if Monty or anyone she loved continued to be his friend, she just wanted to know she had their support. He shook his head. "He's all I have, you know he takes care of me. And we need him for baseball- but I promise I won't leave you alone with him." Maddie nodded with a small smile.

Sure it was less than she had from others. Clay hated Bryce and so did Tony, but then again that came from other reasons as well, but even Zach who was once his best friend now only spoke to him when he had no other choice. But she understood, Bryce had taken Justin and Monty under his wing and took care of them, he did that with a lot of people but he always had Justin and Monty convinced that they needed him. And honestly, she was sure a lot of the time they did. Sometimes even she needed him.

Sighing from their discussion Maddie sits up again and looking to Monty. "What was your news?" She asks for a second time and this time he shakes his head. "It doesn't matter. Plus it's not the time." Normally, Maddie would just keep bugging him until he found out but honestly she knew that if he didn't want to tell her it was for a good reason. "Home or a swim?" Maddie asks and Monty shrugs and tosses his shirt off and Maddie follows suit, sure neither had a swimsuit but their underwear, and Maddie's bra of course was basically the same as a swimsuit just with different material.

Smiling Maddie walks through the door of her house hold. "I'm home." She informs her family but frowns when she sees nobodies home but is quickly greeted by her sister. "Maddie! You're home!" She exclaims rushing to hug her though she squeals and backs up. "You're wet." She laughs and Maddie nods. "I went swimming and didn't have a bathing suit." She says and looking around. "Where's Momma? And Zach?" She asks setting down her shoes that she carried in. "Mommies at work, she said she needed more hours and Zach just left to help Alex with PT." Maddie nodded looking out, the sun was going down and she knew they would be out until dark. "Alright, have you eaten?" She asks her sister who shakes her head. "Okay, are you hungry now or should we wait till I shower?" She asks and May smiles. "After you shower. You need it." She teases making Maddie's mouth drop as she puts a hand on her chest. "I am offended." She says laughing as they walk to her bedroom to put her bag down and pick out some clothes but she's quickly stopped by May standing in front of the closet. "I wanna pick your clothes."

Maddie laughs and shakes her head. "Alright, I'm going to take my shower you can bring the clothes in to me when you have them. You know where everything is?" She asks and May nods, this was something they used to do a lot but stopped. May would pick out Maddie's clothes. Bring them in and they'd talk while Maddie showered, dried off, and changed behind the current.

It was closing in on five minutes in the shower when Maddie heard the door open and closes. "Pick out a cute outfit?" Maddie asks and May answers with a yes as she sets the outfit on her towel and sits on the counter ready to strike up a conversation with her always busy older sister. "Guess what?" May asks excitedly.

"What?" Maddie asks from behind the current with a smile as she poured some shampoo into her hand and began to lather her hair with it. "Trent asked me to be his girlfriend today!" She shouts with so much happiness in her voice it was tangible. Maddie smiles and opened a little bit of the current to make eye contact with her sister. "Really?" She asks with a smile and May chuckles at her sister who had shampoo in her hair before she went back behind the current. "Yeah!" Exclaims as she kicks her feet. "He got a high-top table pass and he invited me to sit with him and then he asked me to be his girlfriend!" Maddie smiles as she listens to her sisters story and washes out her hair before grabbing the bottle of conditioner. "That's amazing, did you tell Mom?" Maddie asks ranking her fingers with her hair with the product.

"No, I really wanted to tell you first." Maddie paused for a second with an unidentifiable feeling. Of course her and May were sister, they had moments, and they had moments when they fought, but they were never that close even though they wanted to be. When Maddie was first adopted it was easy to be friend with Zach but not May, she already had a sister and felt guilty trying to have another. And by the time they really tried to be close they were both always busy, but they were getting closer as time went on. "Well thank you, and I'm so happy for you. I know you've liked him for a little while now." Maddie says while moving back under the water to rinse her hair out.

Walking out of the bathroom with a mixed matched pj outfit Maddie smiled at May. "You madam have amazing taste." Maddie jokes while tickling May who laughs and thanks her sister. "What do you want to eat?" Maddie asked walking to the kitchen. "Grilled cheese and soup." Maddie smiles and starts on the food making enough for the both of them and leaving behind some for Zach, though he had already eaten.

May and Maddie finished their meal and watched a movie and a half before Zach walked into the house immediately demanding that Maddie talk with him privately in his bedroom. Sighing both sisters stood up, May went to her room knowing by the sounds of it they wouldn't be finishing their movie and Maddie followed her brother into his bedroom. "What is it?" Maddie asks crossing her arms, she honestly figured he was starting to get worried about testifying tomorrow, and although she was correct but that's not why he needed to talk to her.

"I need you to remember I had nothing to do with this so you cant punch me." Zach says in a serious tone as he pushes back his jet black hair. "You're scaring me." Maddie says nervous with a small chuckle staring at her brother who seemed like he was waiting for her to fall apart.

"He's back." It was quiet, both the room and his voice. Maddie chuckles and shakes her head. "What?" She asks with laughter moving her hair behind her ear. "I can't hear you." Maddie teases but stops with Zach sucks in a breath, he was being serious.

"Maddie, Justin's back."

~~~Authors Note~~~

Cliffhanger! But a new chapter will be posted soon! I'm on a writing binge right now, haha.

Honestly can't wait for this next chapter! (I thought they'd meet in this one but I already have 2100 words and I feel like if they're too long you guys get bored.)

How do you think Maddie's gonna handle the news?

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AND COMMENT
Okay, guys, honestly I get that you guys don't read this but if any of you are I really need suggestions and questions for Maddie's day in court!
Please comment, message, or go under my message board!
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AND COMMENT

{5.9.20}