Chapter 3

The two boys had just started a small conversation when both mothers came through the door.

Shinsou's mother roughly took his hand and dragged the poor boy out of the office as Izuku looked worriedly after them.

Inko also looked uncomfortably at the two and the doctor tutted under his breath. He picked up a phone and started calling someone just as the two disappeared behind the banging sound of the hospital ward door.

Inko thanked the doctor and bowed silently and he gave her a bow back while on the phone. Izuku bowed too and gave a small smile as he left and the doctor returned a sad smile back at his patient, he wished he could make the kid's wishes true, but he couldn't.

On the way home, Izuku crossed paths with Katsuki and he was too ashamed to even face the blonde. He wanted to be strong so he could stand by his side but being quirkless...

Izuku hid behind Inko as Katsuki and his mum, Mitsuki, came up to them to ask how the appointment went. Inko explained as they reached the park and Katsuki lit up happily when he heard the news, the two boys walking into the play area as the mothers chatted on the bench.

This meant he could be Deku's hero forever! He would protect Deku as the number one he-

"I'm sorry Kacchan... I'm quirkless so I can't fight but... I promise I won't give up being a hero!"

Little Izuku looked at the boy he admired, eyes gleaming with determination as he knew that even without a quirk, he was going to stand by Kacchan.

But to Katsuki, this declaration was as if Izuku said he didn't want to be protected by him. He didn't want him. And that made him mad.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?? YOU'RE STILL TRYING TO BE A HERO??" Absolutely infuriated at the thought that Izuku could be hurt as he was so weak, Katsuki flew into a rampage with mini-explosions crackling at his fingertips.

But this only scared Izuku as Katsuki had never flipped this much at him before. He felt scared and he didn't want to be there. He was terrified and immediately ran off.

"DEKUUUUU!!!!!" Katsuki screamed after the younger boy who started to run for his life. He didn't know where he was going or why he was running but he was scared and didn't want to be anywhere near Katsuki at that moment.

The blonde chased after him to the point that Izuku had run out of the play area and down the twists of the grassy field of a park.

He wasn't sure what but the negative emotion that Izuku felt had started to choke him. He couldn't breathe and he wanted an out. He couldn't think straight. He was lost. He couldn't hear. He couldn't see.

He wanted to disappear.

He stopped.

Bakugou caught up to Izuku just behind a patch of trees where nobody could see and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

Turning him around, he immediately let go as he saw the change in hair colour and eyes. The usual green-black hair was switched now with green roots and black hair and his eyes were also inverted with black eyeballs instead of white.

His small mouth opened and Katsuki looked questioningly at the boy who was supposed to be quirkless.

"Deku? Are you okay?"

The body twitched at the name and Izuku glared at the blonde making him flinch a little. Uneasiness spreading up his legs and crawling up his spine.

"Kacchan... " the boy hissed, sending shivers down his arms.

This wasn't his Deku.

"Who the fuck are you? And what did you do to Deku!?!?"

The thing grew in size at the mention of that name again and black thin strips of mist started to leave its body. It seemed to be getting stronger and it grinned.

"I am Deku... Izuku Midoriya. I didn't do anything. You are the one who said I can't be by your side."

It glared at him and Katsuki didn't know what to do. It wasn't that he didn't want Deku by his side, he wanted to protect Deku since he was quirkless.

"I didn't-... I just-... Dek-I-Izuku..."

Izuku hissed and recoiled as he backed away.

"Tell me. Why can't Deku still be a hero? Even if he's supposedly quirkless?"

Katsuki was scared but he stood his ground.

"Because you'll get yourself killed! Give up already!!! Be something else! I'll be the hero!"

Izuku stopped when he heard this and stood back.

"You know, I don't mind not being a hero bjr you already know Deku isn't going to stop wishing."

Katsuki just kept glaring at Izuku.

"Then I'll keep telling him he can't until he realizes!!!"

Izuku just shrugged his shoulders before looking directly at Katsuki, the two were eye to eye.

"I'm just telling you know that is he's ever upset, I'll consume those memories to fuel myself. You will NOT speak of today!"

"What's stopping me from telling Deku huh? What reason?"

Izuku just looked at him before sadistically smiling.

"Because I am Deku's quirk and if I die, I take the body down with me."

Katsuki stopped before looking down.

"Does he know you exist?"

Izuku shook his head and Katsuki sighed, a part of him wishing Deku was aware of his own quirk.

"Whatever, as long as you stop trying to be a hero coz you'll get yourself killed, I don't care."

Izuku couldn't help but smile at this as and let out a laugh.

"Good."

The quirk who scared him moments ago was now making Bakugou smirk and he grinned at Izuku.

"You're like Deku, but with more guts. It's pretty cool."

Izuku only glared at him before turning away.

"Whatever..."

He then exhaled as the black mist vanished and faded. The hair colour reverted back and Deku fell to the ground.

Bakugou stood over him, unable to move as Izuku's normal green eyes opened and looked confused.

"Why am I on the floor Kacchan?"

Katsuki only sighed as he pulled Deku onto his feet while looking pissed.

"Are you okay Kacchan?"

"No I'm not, and shut up about the hero thing. Even if you did have a quirk, it can't help you. Give up already."