19

fun facts of the chapter: hando and kureji are secretly dating tho its fuckin obvious
thoth is first year, khnum is third year
zawaru and his worst pal, cremis, love donuts 
ezoro has a younger brother named requro
dio and diego are twins-//

Narrator's PoV

When the lights were back on, it was merely only lit by a candle on some desk. Behind it sat dark haired beauty, a hand holding up some mask with the other holding a crimson blood gem that was the size of his hand. Stood nearby was the school's well-known smart blond, who had his arms crossed with his killer glare wiping the crowd. It was eerily silent, making everyone uneasy. Then, a husky voice spoke up. " The spines of this mask can pierce a human brain, but are weak to pierce our immortal brains. We need more power. " As he spoke, he placed the stone close by the fire and the stone began to glow. Suddenly, a beam shoots towards the blond, unbothered as he merely raised his shot hand and mused, " Oh, what's this? " " The Red Stone of Aja, a rare and beautiful gem. It refracts light billions of time, making it strong and pure. Its power is miraculous, " He crushes it with a simple squeeze under his palm and shards fall under his grasp, " But it is not enough! " He tossed the mask to Narnia, tsk-ing and rested his forehead on his knuckles, " This tiny stone doesn't give the spines enough strength. We need a flawless red stone, a super Aja. And once we have it.. " He stood up, staring at the remnants of the gem and let it fall, " We will conquer the sun, and become the final, perfect step in evolution. " Everything went dark when he put the fire out with his bare hand, which frightened Zawaru while Hoshiro wept silently. 

" The masks were invented by the most intelligent of their kind, Kars, " begun by Aita's voice as she came towards the higher stage and looked over the crowd. She continued and looked at the men beside her, " Kars and the others crossed the Atlantic in search of a super Aja. Suzie Q. " She called out and a lovely tanned woman walked in with a pillow in her hands that safely held something. " Yes, Madam Lisa Lisa, here it is. " " Grazie, " Aita sweetly smiled at the woman and picked up the item, showing it to the two and the audience. " In my hand is a perfectly, flawless, natural crystal - A super Aja! " The two awe in admiration with their eyes sparkling. She lifted it up high, beneath the sunlight, and then a larger, stronger beam(compared to the one earlier)and made a hole on the stage as the two instantly back away. " The Pillar Men wiped out the warriors of Hamon, but this Stone narrowly escaped them and I am its current guardian. " Mideiro clenched his fist and gritted his teeth, his brows furrowing as his face sorta grew red. Argent then placed a hand on his shoulder and sent him an understanding look as the look on his comrade's face softened. He looked towards Aita and pointed at the gem, " Destroy it! Smash the Red Stone! If you break it, they'll cry like babies! " " I cannot do it. " " WHAT!? " She turned away and explained, " There is a legend that they cannot be defeated without the Stone. " Why the heck not!? " Argent complained and so Aita was silent and turned away. Her gaze fell into the ground, sighing. " I don't know. " Everyone was stunned speechless. " But I perform my duty as a guardian.. JoJo, Caesar.. " She turned back towards the two men who were awfully quiet, and close. " You must take the final examination. " " Final e- exams!? " 

" Caesar, you must defeat Messina. JoJo, you must defeat Loggins. " 

And everything faded into black. After a while, some substitute dim moonlight glowed above them. Mideiro and Khnum where standing on some pole above the stage. " Ready, Caesar? " " As ready as I'll ever be. " They both bowed politely at each other, gazes focused on one another. A second of silence passed before the charge at each other with screams. The spotlight on them turned towards Argent who came walking in to from the stage, on his way to battle Loggins. " It's almost dawn.. and it's always darkest before dawn. Now where on earth is Loggins hiding? I have to stay sharp.. " He mumbled to himself and stopped by the side where the other side were filled with spikes. " I have a score to settle with him- " He was instantly cut off with the sight beheld in his eyes and the light focused on whatever he stared at. On the higher ground, a guy stood there, feet buried on another guy's chest, their blood gushing out of his chest and crept through the other's leg, as Argent choked out, " Is that Instructor Loggins..? H- How horrid! It's unnatural... Instructor Loggins! " Just as he called out, Khnum's body was kicked aside onto the same ground where Argent stood as golden hair glistened under the light. " E- Esidisi! " " So.. you came to Venice, to this island.. " He trailed off and looked somewhere else, staring at the crowd with dark intent that sent everyone a chill down their spines. " To think that woman guarding the Stone is just an island over. " He huffed, and jumped down, paying to attention to Argent who had approached Khnum, his eyes widening at the sight. " H- his lungs were pulled out.. Lung are vital for Hamon-users- I mean, not just Hamon-users but to humans too.. I must've been one swift kick. " His gaze goes down, silent, then continued, " The tyrannical Loggins.. You yelled at me for three weeks. To be honest, I hated you.. " He clicked his tongue and looked away, frowning behind his mask with his brows furrowing, tears welling up his eyes as he held them in. " I thought I'd finally get back at you for all you did. But.. watch me from up there, my instructor. " He stood his ground with a thunderous thud, and turned towards Zawaru who was walking away through the spikes impaling his feet.