"Under normal circumstances, I know you would not have cared one way or another for my fate. Were it not for your prince, you would not have taken on this journey. I am glad that you did. May the Gods be ever in your favor." The men bowed in return and bowed even lower towards their Wangja.

"Travel safely on your return home."

"You as well pyeha." The men began to wander a ways from them and yet they stood so close together, eyes locked.

"The opportunity to leave was given and you didn't take it."

"You should have known I wasn't going to." At that, he lifted his eyebrow.

"The moment I shared your bed I made my choice." Reaching for his hand, she brought it to her cheek.

"To remain in your captivity, I will be a willing participant. It is not just my body that is in your possession Cheol-su-ah. It is my heart. My very spirit. It all belongs to you and it will not be loosed so easily." He said not a word as he closed the distance between them, taking her lips firmly in a passionate kiss.

"Come dearest one." She breathed against him, smiling against his lips as he pressed softer gentler kisses against her.

"Let us go."

***

Sandy wind whipped around them and he was glad for the scarf she'd had placed around his head. She too wore a scarf of sorts, a long burgundy orange fabric fringed with golden patterns placed over her hair, one long end wrapped across her face. The body of the horse upon which he sat was strong and shiny, the hair black and mystifying. All about them was desert, sand dunes rolling with the wind. Occasional trees and shrubs passed them but the brutal sun beat down on them. Beads of sweat dotted his hairline and slipped down his back.

"There." At her voice and her finger pointing ahead, he breathed a quiet sigh of relief. It appeared a mirage, a massive fortified city ahead, surrounded by lush greenery.

"That is my home." He could hear the excitement in her voice, the longing, such painful longing. He stayed quiet as they neared and at the guards that stood at the gate, his throat grew tight. They spoke in a tongue foreign to him but he watched as Tiye dismounted from her stallion. She returned the language with ease. At the arrows suddenly drawn against her, he quickly dismounted and withdrew his own.

"Put it down."

"Not a chance in hell."

"My love." Turning, she lifted a hand to his bicep.

"Please. It's all right." Slowly withdrawing his weapon, he kept his gaze steely as they peered into black irises. She pulled her scarf away from her face and at once shock and disbelief fell upon their faces. They spoke something he couldn't understand and immediately fell to their knees, hands outstretched as if she were to give them something. For the longest time, he stared at her, gaze stunned. What...what was this?

"Tiye...what are they...doing?" She didn't answer yet her eyes were humored and a teasing smile formed on her plush lips.

"Come." Reaching for his hand, she led him past the men who stood firm like stone, tall as giants. Skin black and smooth, just like hers. Their eyes, equally black followed him yet they spoke not a word as they resumed their post. Past the gate, a network of small dwellings and houses circled around a large deep pool of water. Women knelt by the pool, dipping gourds to the brim. Children played. Laughter sprung up. All of that activity stopped once everyone set their eyes on her. One woman dropped her gourd and it smashed against the ground, fragmented with her shock and open mouth.