Slowly his eyes fluttered open.
He laid back and stared at the ceiling, adjusting his eyes to the bright lights.
Confusion hit him as he realized he didn't know where he was. He felt something cold touch his chest, hissing at the stinging sensation he felt.
He looked at you in shock, then disgust.
The hybrid yanked my hand away and sat up.

"WHY AM I HERE!"
I was shocked by his behavior.
"Y-you were hurt so we are trying to hel-"
"I DONT NEED YOUR HELP!"
it infuriated him knowing a human saw his weak and vulnerable side.
I panicked as he tried to rip the IV tube hooked up to his wrist out.
He groaned as he felt all the pain his body gave off. Too weak to get up he stayed there. I slowly inched back to him, then stopped.

He was breathing hard, still angry.
I asked in a gentle voice filled with hesitation.

"Can I change your bandages now, I need to clean them so they won't get infected.."

Drawn back from what you've said. No one has ever asked him permission for anything.
"Don't touch me human.." He gritted through his teeth.

His nose picked up your scent .. strawberries and vanilla...
Still He wasn't going to let down his guard down after all, it could be a trap.
He didn't want to be deceived again. Especially not from their kind..

He pulls his arm away only to feel more pain from moving. He growled and grabbed onto the wound.

"I know it hurts.. but you'll need lots of care until you're fully healed.."
He then look at you for some moments with the most intimating stare. Until he let his arm down slowly, waiting for you to assist him.

You did your job and helped him to the shower as he was still dirty from when he was found.

With one of his arms around your shoulders you carefully helped him off the bed and to the bathroom. The hybrid hated being "babied", but had to endure it for now, he was too weak to do anything on his own.

While helping him out of his clothes you questioned him from time to time, only to receive silence from him.
Since you are a hybrid doctor it wasn't new for you to see your patients nude.
He stepped into the shower.
He spoke well and didn't bother looking at you.
"I can shower on my own." A hint of annoyance coated his voice.
"O-okay.." you stepped out of the bathroom and brought back his clothes.
"Your clothes are on the table." You said from behind the door after leaving him to do his thing. And again silence
——
I knelt down to the cabinet to look for something quick to cook for us. my eyes were set on cup ramen. He should be able to eat this, I think. Maybe I should put some carrots in because he's a rabbit after all.

I began making us some food, I haven't eaten yet and assuming he hadn't either.
He looked thin. His face pale and drained of color.

I set our cups of ramen on the table upon hearing the shower stop. After a few moments he came out with clean clothes on and a towel wrapped on his shoulders.
I caught myself staring at him, walking over to where I was. He sat down across from me. I snapped out of my thoughts.
He looked... calmer than before.
He looked at the ramen then at me.
I smiled and pushed a cup towards him.

He looked at it in disgust.
"...not hungry." He said a little harsh.
Just then the hybrid's stomach growled loud enough for me to hear.

"Sounds like your hungry." I giggled at him.

"Ya'think?" He said rudely. My smile dropped as I felt a pang at my heart.
I silently got up, trying to hide how I felt.
I stepped outside his room for a quick breather, leaning my weight against the door.