Chapter 10: Seijoh

Start from the beginning

"Rina's been planning for you and Kageyama to go on a date for the last two weeks." Mina chimed in as she continued reading her book.

"Really?" Mizuki stared at Rina who had the most amused expression on her face.

"Yeah!" She exclaimed, sitting down on the bench beside Mina, "It is exhausting being the matchmaker."

"You know, I don't think I really see me and Kageyama going on a date any time soon." Mizuki admitted sheepishly, earning an exaggerated gasp from her friend.

"How could you say that?" Rina pouted, "Kageyama is like, the total package! He's cute, funny, and more importantly, he's an amazing volleyball player! That's like, all the criteria that's required!"

Mina raised an eyebrow suspiciously - the only person her sister had ever praised like that was Sugawara.

"If I'm being honest," Mizuki giggled, "I thought you liked Kageyama." She hugged her friend tightly.

"Me?" Rina scoffed, crossing her arms, "As if!"

Soon after, the twins' chauffeur arrived to drop them off at Aoba Johsai. The school looked grand and prestigious, which explained their strong sports teams. The brick walls were covered with luscious vines and it looked like they had recently renovated.

"Excuse me," Rina asked a student, "Could you tell us where the gyms are?"

"Sure," A boy with dark hair that resembled an onion said, "It's to the left, then just go straight."

"Thanks." She grinned, before whisking them away to the gym. 

The boys' uniforms were teal and white which was a cool combination.

"Did you see the guy beside the onion-head?" Rina giggled softly, "He was cute." Her friend must be referring to the boy beside him that had slightly parted, black hair who also seemed to be tired.

As they peeked inside the various gyms in Aoba Johsai, they finally made it to the correct gym because they recognized the shouting of Hinata and Kageyama. They entered the gym slowly and waved to the boys. The boys noticed them and waved back. The girls didn't want to disrupt their practice game so they immediately went upstairs to the seating area to observe. A few minutes later, the rest of the Aoba Johsai team had arrived, including the onion head and his friend who they bumped into earlier.

"Hey, it's them!" Rina pointed at the two loudly, which caused the other spectators to look at them.

Mizuki observed Kageyama and noticed that he was feeling apprehensive but focused. She felt awful that he was feeling so lousy but she knew that he was going to do great. She looked at Kei, who seemed to be searching for her in the stands. As soon as they made eye contact, she grinned at him, which made him feel a lot less nervous.

The game had finally started, and it wasn't looking good for the Karasuno boys for the first set. Rina couldn't even bear to look at them and covered her eyes with her hands. Mina shook her head disappointingly as Mizuki tried to cheer them on. Hinata was really nervous which stopped them from doing their quick attack as well as their other plays. It was set point for Aoba Johsai and Hinata was the one serving. He took a deep breath and served... towards Kageyama's head. This caused the other team, as well as Kei, to laugh excessively.

"Did you see that?" Rina snorted, pointing at Hinata, "Shoyo's dead!"

Mizuki sighed deeply - maybe the boys weren't ready to face such an elite team even with a powerful quick attack. As the second set commenced, they seemed to be playing better as Hinata wasn't as skittish. Mizuki noticed that Kei seemed tired or maybe he wasn't even trying. She sometimes wished that he had the same passion that she had for volleyball.