you're staring again | travis

an: thanks for all the positivity on the previous story! i really appreciate it! <3

•——————————•

travis' pov

i was sitting on y/n's bed in her room watching her play animal crossing on her nintendo switch. she was sitting in front of me on floor. we had some music from her phone playing softly. she was talking about something i wasn't paying attention to. i couldn't take my eyes off of her. she was something i couldn't quite understand. i'm often very confused around her. it's like i dreamt her up. she's perfect for me.

"travis?" she looked up at me. i must've lost myself again.

"hmm?"

she pointed up to the tv where it showed her animal crossing character in the clothing customization screen. "what do you think of my outfit?"

"woah! it's really cool!"

y/n's pov

i look back at the boy sitting on my bed, "thanks! i spent so much time trying to get this outfit." and i really did. it took so long for me to buy the top i was wearing. i saved my character's outfit and started to move my character out of her house.

i moved her up to a tree, shook it, and collected the fruit. i felt travis' eyes on me. i look up and there he was, staring at me again. truthfully, i found it cute that he never noticed how long he was staring.

     "hey doofus," i chuckled, "you're staring again."

     "ah- sorry, y/n," he quickly looked away.

     i smiled at him, "don't be sorry! i think it's adorable." he started to blush. i could see him trying to hide his smile, "in that case-" he widened his eyes and stared at me with a straight face.

     i started to crack up. i laid myself on my back laughing and clutching my chest. it's so weird how he can look sweet and happy one moment then completely dead the next. he started to giggle. i got ahold of myself and started to climb onto the bed next to him. i grabbed the controller and laid my head on his shoulder. i could feel his arm slip around my waste.

     "travis?" i whispered.

     "yeah?" he looked down at me, mimicking the softness in my voice.

     "why do you stare at me so much?"

     "because i think you're really pretty, y/n."

     i smiled, looking back up at him. i could see the rosey color painting his cheeks. he leaned down and kissed my forehead, leaving me stunned.

     "that's all i've ever wanted to hear, travis."