eleven | crimson

PAZ AND ASTORIA carefully began their walk to the seventh floor corridor in search for the Room of Requirement.  It was the first D.A. meeting Astoria would be attending.  Although she was more than excited, Paz was extremely nervous, especially due to the fact that she hadn't told anyone about this yet.  

Paz stopped them in the middle of the hall, turning to face the wall.  She closed her eyes, thinking of the room.  Astoria watched in amazement as it appeared right in front of them.

"Oh wow.." she says dreamily, Paz dragging her inside quickly.

The chattering inside slowly stops, all eyes focusing now on Paz and Astoria.  Neville steps forward quickly, his eyes stuck upon Astoria.

"I've got a new recruit," Paz says, slightly laughing while doing so.  In the corner of her eye she can see Ginny glaring at Astoria.

"You never told us," Ginny states, arms crossed over her chest.

"Well, I wasn't too sure if everyone would be-"

"It's alright, Paz.  Hello Astoria, welcome to the D.A.  I'm sure Paz told you everything that we're about already?" Neville asks, Astoria nodding her head yes.  "Alright then, let's get started everyone."

Ginny shot Paz a questionable look before following Luna and Neville.  Paz led Astoria towards a small group, instructing her to join them for right now while she speaks to Neville.

Paz walks over to Neville.  "What're we doing today?"

"I was thinking some basic stupefy, just dueling in general.  I suppose we could break everyone off into partners."

Paz, Ginny and Luna agree with Neville and disperse from their small group, heading over to the others and informing them what to do.  Paz paired up with Astoria, as no one else seemed to want to.

After nearly half an hour of dueling and going over basic spells, Terry Boot enters the Room of Requirement, looking beaten up and out of breath. 

"What's wrong Terry?" Luna questions, all eyes now on him.

"It's Michael, Michael Corner, he let free a first year who was chained up in detention, he's been getting tortured all day.  The Carrows just left his cell but I need help getting in."

Without another word, Neville, Paz, Ginny and Luna followed him out of the room, soon breaking into a run.  They head down all of the steps and run through the corridors, at this point not bothering to check if any professors were coming up or following them.  

As they pass the Slytherin house, Paz notices just up ahead, near the dungeons, three all to familiar faces.  

"Which one?" Neville questions, Terry pointing to the second door down.  

"Aberto!" Paz exclaims, the door flying open to reveal Michael Corner in an even worse state than Ginny was.

The five run inside and fall beside him.  Paz looks towards the door, noticing the faces she had recognized were now peering inside the room, horror written across their faces.  Paz turned her attention back to Michael, who was bleeding at a rapid pace.  

"We need blood replenishing potions, a wide-eye potion, can someone fix his broken nose as well?" Ginny demands, Luna pushing past everyone and fixing Michael's nose with a quick 'Episkey'.

Paz plunges her hand into her bag, fishing around for her potions that she now keeps on her at all times.  She pulls out a bunch, laying them down on the ground for Luna and Terry to use on Michael.