one | letters

welcome to golden! i am so so excited for this story, as it is the first one in a while that i feel very good about. golden will be split into two parts. after the first 15 chapters, i will most likely take a short break to write the remainder of the story so updating will run smoothly. i plan on having 30 numbered chapters, along with an epilogue once the story is finished.

as for regular updates, i am hoping to update every other day or every three days.

i very much love the character that i have created for this story, and i'm very excited for you to hopefully fall in love with her as well! enjoy <3

part one

PAZ HAD NEVER been close to the Headmaster, only speaking to him briefly as the years went by whenever she got in trouble or got caught up in Potter's shenanigans.  She never expected to shed a tear at his funeral, but that is exactly what she did.  Not because she particularly was going to miss him, but because her biggest fear was coming to life.  The war had began.  And without Dumbledore, she didn't see how they would win. 

She returned to the Burrow for summer holiday, spending the first week locked away in her shared room with Ginny and Hermione.  All she could think about was dueling against a friend like Blaise, or a family member, like Pansy.  Paz didn't get choked up when thinking about dueling Draco though, she would love to send a nice Crucio his way.

On top of all the newly found anxiety that surged through Paz's body, she had recently found out Remus married Tonks, which put Paz completely off his radar.  It's not that she was devastated over this, it was just an innocent school girl crush, but Ginny told her she now couldn't flirt with Remus anymore, which only put Paz in an even worse mood.  Second year Paz would be so disappointed.

It wasn't until the second Sunday at the Burrow that Paz's spirits had been lifted.  Ginny came barging  into their room with two letters in her hand, both addressed to Paz.

"For you," Smiled Ginny, tossing the letters into Paz's lap.  Without saying anything, she quickly ripped the first one open.  It was from Pansy.  She read it over before opening the second, which was from Theo.  "What do they say?"

Paz sighed, tossing them aside.  "To lay low and stay safe.  Pansy advises me not to return to Hogwarts this year." Ginny scoffs.

"Yeah bloody right, where else would you go?  Hogwarts is the safest place in the wizarding world, especially in times like this."

Falling backwards upon her bed, Paz stared up at the ceiling wondering what her sister was doing right now.  Was she receiving a Dark Mark?  Were mother and father angry at her for letting her baby sister go rogue?  Was she aware Theo was also in contact with her?

She let out a loud groan of frustration before sitting back up.  Ginny was watching Paz's tiny tantrum in amusement, growing a custom to them over the years. 

"C'mon, mums got breakfast made," Ginny says, ignoring Paz's protests to stay in bed and grabbing a hold of her arm, dragging her down to the kitchen.  The two were met with several 'good mornings,' Ginny mumbling good morning back while Paz continued to stay in her grumpy morning state. 

"Looking rather chipper this morning, aren't you Pazzy?" George teases from across the table, then receiving a kick to the shins under the table.  Fred laughs, sending a wink Paz's way, who in turn rolls her eyes and draws her attention to the food in front of her. 

The Burrow was filled with people this morning, the Weasley clan, Hermione, Fleur, Remus, Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Mad-Eye Moody and lastly, of course, Paz.  Kingsley had called a small order meeting with some members just before breakfast, Mrs. Weasley insisted on them all staying.  Paz wasn't too thrilled about this, as she was squished in between Mr. Weasley and Ginny, and she wasn't able  to have a second helping of hash browns.