Chapter twenty nine - The final goodbye and video

Emma's pov

Emmett looked at my confuse and signed 'what happened?'.

"I think something's wrong with Cole" I say while signing.

Emmett shrugged and I sighed. We sat on his couch and he helped me continue to advance my signing. A while later my phone buzzed. I picked it up, "hello?".

"Yes hi is this a ms Emma Collins?"

"Yes why? May I ask who is calling?"

"This is Nancy at the Los Angeles hospital, I'm calling because Cole Stone was in a car accident. I used his phone and you were his first contact so I assume that you and him are close."

You have no idea.

"I'll be right there" I said hanging up before she could reply.

Emmett looked at me funny, gosh he's been doing that a lot lately. "I need to go to the hospital" I signed.

'Want a ride?' he signed putting his thumbs in his back pockets rocking forwards and backwards.

'Please?' I signed.

He nodded and we got into his car.

~~~~~~~~~~
A little while later I was looking into Cole's hospital room. The doctor was talking to Cole, his face pale, around his eyes dark. He seemed pretty beat up. I looked at Emmett, his face went almost as pale as Cole's.

"Emmett what did she say?" I signed.

He swallowed hard 'nothing'.

'Tell me'

He avoided looking me in the eyes when he signed 'they aren't sure if he'll make it'.

No. They don't know Cole like I do he's strong. With the doctors permission I went into Cole's room and sat by his bed.

"Hey princess" he said weakly. He smiled at me, his green eyes a darker shade then normal.

"Hey" I said back my voice shaky and uneven.

I guess the truth was part of me was worried about losing Cole Stone. He reached over and gently grabbed my hand, running his thumb over the top of my hand. "Babe listen to me okay? My key to my apartment is in my jacket, I want you to go there and look on my dresser there will be a DVD there and I want you to watch it okay?". He kissed my hand lightly.

"Okay" I said a bit confused.

Out of know where he started coughing, at first a little then eventually uncontrollably. Then there was some very fast beeping from some machines and his eyes slowly rolled in the back of his head. Then doctors came in and I quickly left the room to give them space. I started to sob as the doctor said "time of death 7:00 PM".

I fell to the ground knowing this time Cole wasn't there to catch me. After I calmed a bit I signed to Emmett 'can you take me to his place please?' I said with his coat in my arms.

Emmet nodded and we got in his car. I took a deep breath, 'his jacket smells like his cologne' I thought to myself smiling sadly.

We got to his apartment and I put on his jacket then opened the door to his apartment. Going to the place Cole told me to I found a DVD with my name on it and put it in the player. Cole showed up on the screen. His green eyes showing an emotion that's almost uncommon to me, sadness.

"Hey Emma, so if you're watching this, that means unfortunately something's happened to me so I'm not able to be there by your side now. I know it may be painful now, I understand that but stay strong for me, okay? You are the strongest, smartest most beautiful girl I have ever met. You're always gonna be my best friend, my partner in crime, my Juliet, my Hazel my one and only now and forever. Even though I'm gone I want you to find love again okay? And I want you to know no matter what mistakes we made along the way, I do not regret a single moment between us. Without what we went through our love wouldn't have been as strong as it is. I love you princess, stay strong baby." Cole smiled, his green eyes shining.

I love you too Cole, forever. This is goodbye.

I guess that's what I get for starting the bet with the school's bad boy.

Omg. This is the last chapter of my story!! If you want an epilogue you might be in luck I'm still thinking about it though. Bye my readers I love you all! Until then...

Vote + comment = vomment