Chapter Nine - coffee, new students and apples

Emma's POV

Monday morning yet again after my fun weekend of hanging with my idiot neighbor and my little bro while meeting a cute boy and giving him my number all in one weekend. I wasn't going to lie Nathan was hot and very sweet, you know you don't find those guys very often. I opened my locker lazily, I'm good at school but god I hate Mondays. Boy I need a-

"Coffee" a familiar deep voice said.

(A/n vote for coffee!)

"Oh my god I love you right now" I say taking the warm drink from my idiot neighbor. I downed a few sips of it and checked to see what I had.

Science

Social studies

Art

Lunch

Study hall

Math

Ela

Yay! No gym today I did a victory dance in my head grabbed what I needed and closed my locker.

Science I, I sat drawing in my notebook being a few minutes early. The bell rang and everyone want to their seats Cole sits behind me in this class and the seat next to me has been empty all year waiting to welcome a new student.

"Class welcome our new student Nathan King" the teacher spoke to the class. I didn't even bother looking up but wished it was the Nathan I met in the park but doubted it. I kept doodling notes and heard the teacher tell Nathan to sit anywhere he would like. I heard some foot steps and then felt someone sitting beside me drilling holes in my head with their eyes. Then they passed a folded up note to me, it read :

Hey babe miss me? :)

I wrote back a short reply.

Not as much as you missed me ;) jk sit with me at lunch if you want to no one there will mind cuz their all pretty chill, talk to later.

I smiled and passed the note back to him. Who would have thought my Monday would start off with a cute boy sitting by me in science?

Cole's POV

I saw skater boy look for a place to sit, there were plenty of open seats but of course he chose the seat next to my sweet Emma. What the heck is wrong with me?

Later on I walked to lunch ready to take my spot by Emma when I see my spots already filled by skater boy, who was making Emma laugh hard. I glared at him and sat across from Emma mumbling to myself. Lunch seemed to drag on as I watched Emma and skater boy talk as he through in a few flirty winks here and there . This guy makes me sick he's such a flirt and has such a bad player vibe. Does Emma like him? Is he gonna steal Emma from me? These thoughts made me depressed and make my heart hurt for some unknown reason.

The rest of the day dragged on and I kept seeing Emma with stupid skater boy. I decided to ride my bike away for a bit to clear my head for a few hours.

Emma's POV

Nathan insisted on walking me home. When we got to my house I thanked him and started heading inside.

"Wait" he said and I turned to face him.

"Would you wanna go out sometime?" he asked with a shy smile on his face.

My eyes widened at this and I couldn't get words out. Did I want to go on a date with Nathan?

Not having any idea what to do I just did the next best thing, slam the door in his face and run away.

After that awkwardness I ate a green apple. Green, Cole, god I like Cole's eyes a lot. They held mystery and danger, well making him all the more hotter not that he needs it. What the heck was that about? I wish I knew what was up with Cole, why does he hate Nathan so much?

Really Emma? Think about what just happened he could probably tell that Nathan was up to something.

Oh shut up you didn't think of it either.

That's not my fault.

Yes it is.

Great now im arguing with myself in my head. What next?

Later I heated up my dinner and watched some friends then decided to study a bit. The weird thing is I didn't see Cole in his house. Where is he?

A bit later when I was going to be getting ready to lay down there was a knock downstairs.

I answered and saw Cole standing there his beautiful green eyes filled with pain and betrayal. I got a huge whiff of alcohol as he entered my house.

"Cole?" I asked him to see what was wrong.

"Hm?" was all I got as a response.

"What happened?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"He killed her..." he spoke in barely a whisper, I waited for him to continue.

"That monster I'm stuck with for a father killed my mother." he closed his eyes tightly and hugged me, "I'm sorry" he whispered "I didn't know where else to go.." .

I hugged him sadly "it's okay Cole I'm so sorry about your mother, you can stay here?" I offered.

He nodded as I felt tears on my back "thank you Emma".

Who would have thought I'd have bad boy Cole Stone crying on my shoulder?

He's just drunk Emma, this is going to be a long week.

Hey guys hope you all like my story. What do you guys think of this chapter? Will Cole end up having to move away so he can be away from his father? Will Cole end up slipping up and telling Emma how he feels?? ahhh! I hope cuz I ship it. Poor Nathan doe :( bye guys

Vote + comment = vomment