Chapter Thirteen

"Emma, thank you so much for coming over and helping me out," Regina said as she opened the front door and then hugged the blonde tight in a hug.

"It's no problem. Anything for you," Emma said as she hugged her back.

Emma was a longtime friend of Regina's and they met while going to college. After graduation, they ended up parting ways because of the different directions that they decided to take. Emma ended up traveling the country before she settled down in Quebec, Canada with her long time boyfriend. Regina wanted to go straight into teaching after school and the two would often try and keep in contact and travel to each other's places. Their relationship became a little strained when Graham came into the picture.

"I missed you, Em," she said as she pulled away from the hug and closed the door. "A lot has happened since we last talked and I know I have a lot to explain."

"I promise you it's fine and we'll go out drinking and you can catch me up. What's this problem you had me come out here for?" Emma said as she started to walk further into the house. "Damn this place is really nice."

"Thank you," Robin said as he came out the kitchen with a cup of tea, handing it to Regina.

"Oh, a hot British husband? You haven't mentioned him to me," Emma said before she smirked.

"Oh, no, no. We're not married. Robin is my boyfriend and our relationship is just between us for the time being. Once you handle my issue then you and Robin can talk or whatever you're planning. I don't like this face you have," she said as she motioned to Emma's face.

"I'll let you two sort this out. I have to go out and run some errands. I'll take Henry with me while you two talk out this situation," Robin said as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Grab some apples for me? I'll make turnovers tonight," she responded and Robin nodded his head before he pulled away.

"Of course. I'll see you two later. It was nice meeting you, Emma," he told her before kissing Regina's forehead and walking to the guest room to get Henry.

"Who's Henry? And does this man have a brother?" Emma said and Regina hit her arm before she motioned for Emma to follow her into the kitchen. 

"Do you want tea? I think there's some leftover," Regina said as she watched Emma lean against the island counter.

"I'll take some with some brandy but, please answer my questions Gi. Why am I even here after all this time? What happened with you and  Graham?"

Regina sighed as she focused on the task of pouring Emma her drink. Soon after that, she heard Robin and Henry walking out of the house. She heard both of them say goodbye before the door shut with a soft bang behind them. Regina couldn't help but laugh at Emma's reaction when she saw Henry walk past.

"Don't worry, I didn't have a kid without letting you know," she said as she passed Emma her drink. "He's actually the reason I invited you over, but I know you have a lot of questions so ask away."

"You have free reign of what you say but the order is Graham, Robin, then the kid. Now, the floor is yours Ms.Mills," Emma gestured as she took a sip of her drink.

"With Graham, I feel like I have to apologize to you because he influenced me to cut you out of my life. It's not something I really wanted to do and I feel like shit that I haven't reached out to you prior to all of these issues that I'm having right now. But, Graham and I have been over for a while now because he was becoming too abusive and it became a life or death situation for me. Granny and Ruby helped me with trying to get me out."

"That woman was always good with a crossbow," Emma murmured before she set her drink down. "I know I wasn't around because I was in and out of town but I hope you do know I would've helped you if I saw what was happening. You don't have to apologize to me because I could've reached out and done better."