Chapter Five

She woke up and was met with the cool scent of pine. It made her smile as she kept her eyes closed and buried her face deeper into the soft cotton of his shirt. His shirt?! Regina opened her eyes and came face to chest with Robin. She forgot he spent the night! What day was it anyways? Was she late for work? Again?

"Good morning, Regina," Robin said once he felt her stirring.

The two were on the couch and she was resting comfortably on top of him. His hands were wrapped around her waist and he looked completely content to hold her there. She, on the other hand, was beginning to internally freak out about the whole situation.

"Um, morning," she said as she slowly got up from the couch. "I honestly forgot that you stayed the night. I don't quite remember how that all happened actually."

Robin chuckled as he sat up on the couch and stretched his arms out. "I remember the details quite vividly actually. We were kissing and you gave me the best kiss of my life by the way. There was a moment when I was just holding you, we were talking and then you fell asleep on me. I guess I'm not as interesting as I hoped I was."

"Robin, I'm so sorry," Regina said with a little laugh. "I love your company and I think I was just a little tired last night. Can I make you breakfast?"

Robin got up from the couch and walked over to where she was standing. He brushed the hair out of her face before wrapping his arms around her waist. She noticed how comfortable she felt with him and was a bit proud of herself. His hands were occupied as he played with her soft curls and she smiled at him.

"How about I make you breakfast instead? I make a mean french toast," he teased as he rubbed his nose against hers making her laugh.

"Okay, you can make me french toast only if I can make you dinner another time."

"It's a deal, gorgeous," he said before pecking her lips. "You're very gorgeous."

"Thank you."

Her cheeks were turning a shade of pink as she looked up at him. This man was making her heartbeat stop and quicken up at the same time. She kissed him once more before telling him that she was going to freshen up quickly and come back for breakfast.

*****

Once Regina was out the bathroom she was hit in the face with the overwhelming smell of cinnamon. Her whole apartment smelt warm and soft and gooey like the french toast Robin was cooking. She was in a fresh change of clothes, just a soft sweater and a pair of leggings. Her hair was still a little wet from her shower and was curling a little bit. It was left this way in hopes of catching Robin's attention which she knew it would.

Regina slowly made her way into the kitchen and smiled as she watched Robin cook. He was wearing her apron which was too small for him and that made her laugh a little. She leaned on the wall of the kitchen and watched him hum as he flipped over the french toast.

"You look handsome in that apron," she said, mostly to herself as she admired the man in front of her.

Robin turned his head and gave her a quick little smile before going back to work. She pushed herself off the wall and walked up behind him, slipping her hands under his arms and around his waist. Her head was resting on his arm as she watched him cook them breakfast. This felt very domestic to Regina and she was happy that she let him cook her breakfast.

"You seem pretty cozy back there," he commented as he put the last piece of french toast on a plate and turned off the stove.

"Well, yes," she said with a soft hum before she pulled away.