Ch13

(The art and character above belongs to Vivziepop.The song the flowers sing is Alice's Theme by Danny Elfman and is no way mine. And Allison's Aunt is mean in this flashback. )

Another day another earning. Another day another start at school. ANother day another jab at stressful finals....Another day another disaster. Growing up she never really had much. Average grades, a few people she could consider friends, but it was never really-....Content for her. She was always one who was attracted to the colorful side of life. Always making up creative ideas in her head, colors swirled and danced in the stories and creations she'd make. Her art and literature teachers always commended her on her own take on the world of arts and story writing, but the world she was forced into, others' reality, didn't appreciate such things.

"Arts and crafts?," her aunt bluntly asked and cousins all sneered at her as their mother shook her head, "That's what you get for Grandmother raising you all alone like the old hermit she is. Listen, Allison. I agreed to raise you in the real world so maybe you could make something of yourself. No one's going to buy your art skills and writing if you could even call them that. You need to pick a realistic game plan! Why can't you be more like your older cousins? Rodger is studying to be a professional doctor and Lorlei's on her way to become one of the world's greatest woman athletes. You need yo get your head out of the clouds and face reality."

And as time went on and as she grew, she wished she listened to her Aunt's words. Sure she was good at art and stories to a decent level, but no one was really interested in her skills as her aunt had predicted. After highschool things just went downhill-...She got into the local community college that offered a slightly better art course than her highschool, but she didn't really get tha scholarship like she always wanted...Her aunt warned if she didn't get her act together and get better grades she wouldn't, and believe me she tried. She tried her absolute best to make it. But still no scholarship for her hard work and her aunt wasn't willing to pay for any 'unrealistic goals' she wanted.

"You had literal years to get there and I told you that! Instead you chased a dream grandmother told you about. I'm not paying for something that won't even be useful in the long run. That's what getting a job is for."

And she did. And wouldn't you know it, if she was old enough to start college and get a job then that means she also must've been old enough to get her own living space too. At least that's what her aunt thought. And so there she was, renting a crappy run down apartment where everything kept breaking, barely able to keep up with bills and trying to go to school and keep her grades up-....Eventually she had to give up. She couldn't keep up with the mental strain of keeping a living and keeping up with the crazy expensive school. Now here she was. Working a low wage job as a waitress and now being threatened to be evicted if she didn't pay all the due rent within a month's time and working all the extra shifts she can get to try and keep her home and using all the willpower she had left to basically survive at this point. Everyday and nights if she had to smiling at customers and forcing that cheery attitude to please the crowd, as she was slowly lost any hope for creativity in her life. Then that fateful day came. She was just working the day shift as usual, with her forced smile and cheery attitude but it only got worse when she got home. She received news that would shatter her world forever. Her grandmother's lawyer had called her. From the local law office in towm. She remembered vaguely that Granny had been moved to the local nursing home in town at the insistence of her remaining family but honestly hadn't seen her in a while. And the news when she picked up that phone and held it to her ear, was the worst news she would ever hear.

"Is this Allison Gale? ," a gruffy man's voice asked to her confusion.

"Uh...Y-Yes. Who's this?"