~3~

~Laurel~

Encircling my hand around the glass, I downed my last shot of tequila. The tears were still streaming down my face and obviously there was nothing I could do about it. Kurt had insulted the little bit of pride I had for myself. And I felt hurt for allowing him do so.

A man slid on the empty chair beside me. "Hey beautiful," He said covering my hand with his. "I've been watching you and I can tell that you're in a bad shape. Something went wrong? I can make you feel so better."

I staggered up immediately. "Leave me alone! Stay the fuck away!" I shouted loud enough for  him to hear, got hold of my purse and walked out of the club.

When I had gotten to where my car was, I slumped on the floor and wept silently. When I was done, I opened my car and got in, trying to start my car but unfortunately it didn't want to start. I tried for another three times but still yet no result. It would start and then stop. I got out and tried to check what went wrong when my eyes caught the punctured tyres.

Fuck...

I grabbed my phone and dialed for Leon, but his number wasn't going through. No network. At last I decided to take a cab but the moment I stepped away from my car, someone grabbed me by my neck and I felt something cold and sharp pressed again my skin. Knife.

"You will do as you're told." The man whispered, turning my gaze to a dirty red car. "Now, walk slowly and get into that car or else, I'll slit your throat with this dagger."

I whimpered in fear and slowly walked to where his car was. There were other men inside. But just as I was about to get into the car, someone pulled the man and before I knew what was happening, he had fallen to the ground, holding his hand to his jaw. He was the man from the club.

"You basta--" The man on the floor paused and I turned around to see who he was talking to. My heart gave a loud thud when his gaze met mine.

"Step away from the woman." Kurt ordered, his fists tightened as his jaw clenched. "All of you."

The men in the car got out and took to their heels. He grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me toward a shiny sleek black car and I got in and strapped myself without second thoughts.

"Thank yo--"

"Save it, where's your house?"

"Hollywood boulevard. Before sunset plaza."

"Hollywood hills?"

"Yeah." I said and waited for the car to pull off on the road before closing my eyes.

  ~

"We're here."

I opened my eyes when I heard Kurt's deep, dark, censured voice.

I tried unstrapping myself to get out but unfortunately, it seemed luck wasn't working with me today.

"It's stuck.. I can't get..."

"Hold still." I paused when I felt Kurt's body move towards mine to unstrap my seat belt. The moment his body brushed against mine, my entire body was on electrical fire.

"Now you can get out." That same rude, arrogant and censured tone.

I got out and staggered in front of my apartment. He was still inside, his hand on the steering wheel, watching me closely.

Just when I thought he wasn't going to come out to say goodbye, he did. But he wasn't saying goodbye. Or so I thought.

He got out and rested his huge and tall frame on the bodice of the car. "This neighborhood is pretty quiet, don't you think? In some way, it's related to mine."