Chapter 2: The Bad Boy

Young's P.O.V.

My name is Park Young. I'm a freshman at Seoul National University. I'm majoring in performing arts. I'm one of 5 boys I think. My best friend of 3 years, Kim Myung, isn't in my department. He's an engineer and one class higher. Nerd. Anyway, I was walking to my next class when I saw Myung talking to someone while scratching his head. I knew he had said something dumb so I walked over to help him. As I got closer, I saw his little sister, Kim Hyunae. She is in my department. Next to her was her best friend Lee Seyeon. I grabbed Myung's shoulder. I noticed that Hyunae looked down at her phone as soon as I walked up. She always does that. Then she says, "don't worry about it, a simple mistake," and I knew exactly what happened.

A week into school my senior year of high school, I was hanging out with Myung when I noticed that he just wasn't acting right. "You alright dude?" I ask, hoping he'd talk. And this is how I know how different he is from his sister. Immediately he started crying and told me everything. The accident, the death, Hyunaes behavior change, which I had noticed day one. I took him into a hug and told him everything was okay. "She won't even let me call her Hyunny anymore, it's that bad." My eyes widen. "She loves that nickname," "Loved," he said while wiping his tears. At the time I didn't know it but I know it now. I have a crush on her. I'm not good with flirting though, so I'm always teasing her and I think she hates me but its fine. I sigh, " does she want to talk to someone about it?" Myung looks at me with tears welling up again, "No. She won't even talk to me." I hug Myung again, "I'm so sorry dude."

I chuckle, "Did you call her that name again?" "Uh yea.," Myung drops his head. I smirk hoping Hyunae would notice. Instead, I see Seyeon nudge her and she stands up, "I'm headed to class," she says as she walks away, Seyeon quickly following. I watch them walk away for a bit. Myung says bye and turns to me. I smack him upside the head, "OI! What was that for?" he asks, rubbing where I hit him. "You know how much she hates that nickname," "Why are you being so protective, it's not like you're her boyfriend," Myung smirks, knowing full well I like her. I blush and go to smack him again. He puts his hands up as protection, "I'm kidding! I'm kidding," I chuckle, "Whatever, nerd." Then we walk to my class since his building is just past it. I wave bye to him and walk-in, hoping to sit near Hyunae.