truth ☼ jj

word count: 6472

After another shit school year, crowded and drained by the Kooks, you were finally ready to have a summer with the Pogues. Just like Kie, you were technically a Kook but the Pogue lifestyle was more for you. Your mom had been a Kook and your dad was from the cut, so they completely understood your choice of friends, more so your Mom as odd as that sounds. She never had her Pogue experience besides when meeting your father, and she wanted you to live that life, while your father was skeptical of the your friend choices. Nonetheless, he still was semi supportive of you hanging with your friends. After the hurricane, there wasn't really much power on the Pogue side, so plans just more so happened when you rolled up to each other's house, mainly John B's. Today was one of those days where you were just rolling up. After a small drive, you arrived at John B's house. Sliding out of your car, you barged through the front door to see JJ and John B laid out on the couches.

"You should probably start locking your door, John B," you started, making the boys both turn to you. John B rolled his eyes as you gave them both a huge grin.

"You should probably not barge into people's homes," John B fired back as JJ gave you a smile.

"JJ does it!" you exclaimed, coming to flop down on the couch on John B's legs.

"To be fair, JJ doesn't have manners," John B replied, adjusting uncomfortably while you sat on him. You laughed in response as JJ looked offended. "And can you go sit with him, you're hurting crushing my legs," John B groaned, making you open your mouth in shock.

"Are you calling me fat?" you asked, playfully. Quickly, you stood up, with your lips pouting before you moved over to sit next to JJ who had sat up, giving you room to sit. John B rolled his eyes, knowing you were being dramatic.

"Well, Y/n, I don't think you're fat," JJ started, looking over at your with a smirk before continuing, "So you can sit on me anywhere any time."

"That's just sad," John B reacted, looking unamused while JJ had the biggest smile.

"Well thank you for not thinking I'm fat?" you questioned, laughing slightly, as you turned to look at JJ, "but just warning, that's not how you compliment a girl." Shaking your head, you turned to look at the TV.

"What was I supposed to say? You look pretty? Have a banging body?" JJ asked, slightly offended.

"Gross!" John B exclaimed, "Don't try to mack on y/n, no pogue on pogue, JJ," he continued, looking over at JJ who flicked him off.

"I'm just trying to understand how you're supposed to compliment a girl, since y/n said I didn't do good," JJ explained, as you tried to play off the flush on your cheeks.

"You did horrible actually," you corrected, laughing. "But I didn't come here to give a lesson on how to flirt with a girl. What are we doing today?" you asked with a smile.

"Well Pope and Kie are working," John B started. "So it'll just be us today."

"Damn, maybe I'll just go home," you said, trying to look not pleased with who you'd be hanging with.

"Asshole," John B snorted. "Just for that we're not going to go on the boat," he finished, crossing his arms over his chest dramatically.

"And I won't be sharing any weed with you," JJ added, with a slight joking glare.

"Oh cmon, you know I'm kidding," you smiled. "I just like Pope more than both of you ," you joked, slouching back into the couch.

"Wait," JJ started. "So you're telling me out of all of us, Pope is your favorite? All he does is stress and fucking says the weirdest shit," JJ continued, looking slightly offended, making you burst out laughing.