There were quite a couple of people that bad-mouthed me whenever possible. I avoided social media and it was thanks to my parents and Mr. Keys that kept the news reporters away from me.

On the fourth night since the release of my statement, Alexander joined me, in my room, for some quality time together. It was right after dinner and I had a plate of brownie cookies with me.

"Didn't you just eat?" he asked, joining me on the floor.

"It's dessert," I told him. "There's always room for dessert."

"I have something for you."

I finished my cookie before I replied. "What?"

"Close your eyes."

I squinted at him. "Fine," I sighed.

I felt something light on my lap.

"You can open them now."

Looking down, I saw a coloring book over cats.

"I saw it at a bookstore," Alexander quickly explained. "I figured you might like it."

I opened my mouth and closed it many times. Why did everyone think I was obsessed with cats? The only reason I liked cats was because of Alexander (not that I disliked them either).

"You don't like it?" he asked. He rubbed the back of his neck. "Everyone said I should get you a gift."

"I - I love it," I stammered out. "Now, I can color all of them black so they look like you."

Alexander pursed his lips.

"I'm not lying. I do like it. It's adorable and I'll color every page."

His eyes brightened. "Good."

I bit my lip. "Alexander, who is 'everyone' you keep talking about?"

He blushed. At least, I think he did and it was adorable. His ears turned pink and he refused to make eye contact.

"N-no one," he said with a chuckle. "I don't know what you're talking about."

I placed the coloring book on the floor and crawled towards him.

"Alex - an -der," I sang. "Why are you ly-ing to me?"

He moved back until his back hit the bed. Before he could think about standing, I straddled him.

"R-Rin?"

I leaned forward and he leaned back.

"Tell me."

"There's uh, nothing to tell."

I got close to his ear.

"Why don't I believe you?" I whispered.

He swallowed. "I don't know," he whispered back.

"Hmm, I see," I said and nibbled his ear.

"F**k, Rin! I give, I give!"

I leaned back and crossed my arms. "Ready to spill?"

He pouted and rubbed his ear.

"Just, just promise you won't laugh."

"Spill."

He sighed. "I have a . . . post online. After we broke up, I had to do something to make it right. So, I asked people for help."

"Where is this post?"

Silence.

"Alexander, I will bite you again."

"It's on Readitt," he confessed.

I facepalmed. To think the Crown Heir had to get relationship advice on a forum. It was unthinkable, to say the least. I could only shake my head. It all made perfect sense now.

"Rin?"

I took a deep breath before looking at him.

"You're too cute," I told him.

His blush deepened. "D-don't make fun of me."

"I'm not."

Alexander looked away, clearing his throat. "Are you going to keep sitting on me?"

Oh. Right. I had done that. My cheeks warmed. Play it cool, Rin. Play it cool.

"You don't like it?"

Alexander chuckled. "I never said that." He placed his hands on my hips. "I don't mind this at all."

The buzzing of his cellphone saved me. He glanced at it quickly and frowned.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Cassidy," he replied. "She said to turn on the news."

He opened the browser on his phone. I tried to discreetly, move off him but he wasn't having any of it. His arm wrapped around my waist and held me in place.

"She's doing a press conference."

Well, my discomfort could wait. Alexander turned the volume up.

"-regret to say that the Royal Caldor family is responsible for allowing private information relating to Crown Prince Rothchester to be released to the public. It was done intentionally and with the intent to harm."

"What?" I asked. "Who did -?"

"King Caldor," Alexander replied. "It had to be him."

My gut twisted. "Why?"

"We both know the answer to that."

Yeah. We did and it was terrible.

Cassidy stood by herself on the stage with, what looked to be, lawyers with her. King Caldor was nowhere in sight.

"Because of this," Cassidy continued. "I have decided to dissolve my marriage with Crown Prince Rothchester. This breach of trust should have never happened and I tend to take full responsibility."

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe she'd said that. How many people had she just pissed off? What would her father say? What would King Rothchester say? Would they allow it?

"This isn't how the partnership between kingdoms was meant to go," she continued. "And while there will be no marriage, I am confident, we can repair the damage done and forge a new agreement between both kingdoms."

Cassidy grew quiet before addressing everyone again.

"My people. I was meant to take the throne with a King at my side. I am sorry that that is no longer the case. However, if you'll have me, know that I will always strive to do what's right and best for everyone. My only hope is that you continue to trust in me as your leader. Thank you."

Alexander closed the browser.

"I can't believe she did it," I whispered. "Cassidy rejected you."

"Is that all you got from that?" he asked.

I sighed. "No. It's not but I'm in shock. Why didn't she tell us?"

Alexander sat me down next to him. "I don't know."

I bit my lip. "What's going to happen now? Will your dad accept this?"

"I don't know."

We stayed silent. Alexander grabbed my hand a squeezed it.

"I'll support you," I blurted out. "Whatever you decide, I'll support you."

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Thanks, I might need it."