Chapter 4 Training

Peter awoke the next day with bleary eyes. He rolled onto his side and groaned into the unfairly comfortable pillow as he remembered where he was. The previous days events ran rampant through his mind. Him stumbling blindly through the halls attempting to find his room before Nat found him and led him there was the last thing he could recall. Nat let out a small chuckle and donned a fond smile as he fell face first into the mattress before she left him for the night. Rolling over onto his side to grab his phone told Peter it was 4 in the morning in New York which was 9 in the morning in London. He groaned again before he rolled out of bed and onto the floor where he laid for a few minutes blinking unseeingly at the ceiling. Peter let out a huff as he sat up and grabbed his glasses before slipping them on. He put his phone in the pocket of his shorts. Peter finally managed to get himself up and off the floor. He shuffled over to his closet where he located his suitcase and pulled on one of his clean shirts. He closed the closet and walked across his room before he opened his door. Finally out of the confines of his room, Peter stretched as he walked down the hallways, attempting to find the kitchen. After wandering for a bit he discovered it and it's occupants.

Steve was awake along with Natasha. They were conversing quietly by the counter when Peter walked in. They looked up, surprised to see him.
"Peter, what are you doing up?" Nat asked as she looked at the clock. He gave her a sleepy smile as he sat down at the island.
"It's nine in London. I'm not on New York time yet," he explained with the same sleepy smile. They nodded.
"Want anything for breakfast?" Steve asked as he set down his mug.
"Pancakes would be lovely," Peter sighed and received a nod in return.

While Steve was working on his pancakes, Peter shuffled around the kitchen to try and find the things he'd need for tea. After a while he gave a sigh and turned to Nat for help. She glanced up at him from her tablet and reading the distress on his face let out a laugh as she moved to get up out of her seat. He sat back down as he watched both of them move about the kitchen in a kind of domestic, content, and comfortable bliss.
"We should invest in a kettle," She said to Steve after she set Peter's tea down in front of him. Wordlessly, Steve gave a nod. Peter put the teabag in the cup and poured in some sugar once it was ready.

Peter closed his eyes from the sense of normalcy this moment was bringing him. "Oh, that's lovely," he muttered to himself, talking both about the tea and the simple moment. Nat and Steve exchanged glances and smiles as Nat sat down. A few minutes later Steve put down a plate of pancakes in front of him. Peter poured syrup over it before he took a bite.

"These are amazing, Steve. Thank you," Peter told him after he had finished chewing. Steve gave him a warm smile in response.

"No problem, Peter," Steve said over his shoulder as he cleaned the pan.

Peter finished his breakfast and was finishing up the last dregs of his tea when Tony walked in. He looked like the utter epitome of death.He had heavy bags under his eyes and looked like he barely slept a wink. His skin had a slightly unhealthy glow around it and he was paler than normal. He ambled his way over to the coffee machine and only when he had a few sips did he notice Peter sitting at the counter. A look of surprise flashed across his face as he looked at the teen.

"Why the hell is he awake before eight?" Tony questioned the other two as Peter smiled at him.

"It's almost ten in London," Peter answered as he set his now empty cup down. Tony simply nodded as he sat down on the counter. Peter watched him down his first cup before he moved to get another. Nat waved to get Peter's attention and gestured for him to follow her and Steve into the living room. Peter got up with a grunt as he followed them into the modern but comfortable space. They sat down on the couch while Peter walked over towards one of the more comfortable looking arm chairs.

"We want to train you," they both told Peter once he had sat down.

"Sorry?" He said as he looked up.