Chapter 3 Grieving

He looks so sad🥺

Peter and Tony sat in the lab jamming to AC/DC. Well Tony did, Peter was still rather nervous and as the adrenaline from all the excitement started wearing off he was becoming sadder at the prospect he'd probably be going home in a week. After he made some suggestions and helped Tony with the suit, Pepper walked in.
"Hey, you two! Upstairs. Dinner is ready." Pepper said. She turned and walked out. Her ginger hair swishing back and forth and her heels clicking on the floor.

"Well you hear the woman. Let's go." Tony said with a wave of his hand as he stood up. Peter got out of his chair and grabbed his backpack before following Tony to the elevator. You'd like it here so much mom. I wish you could've come with me. Or that we could've at least gone for one last adventure. That was always one of your favorite things. I'm doing ok, but I'm going to miss you.

Peter snapped to attention as the elevator stopped and quickly blinked the tears away. Tony glanced at Peter from the corner of his eye concerned, but said nothing. They walked out and went over to the long table where the Avengers sat. Peter became nervous again.
"Sit there Pete." Tony said gesturing to an open chair between Natasha and Steve, and across from Bruce. He draped his backpack over the back of his chair and sat down. He was stiff and sitting up perfectly straight, nervous beyond belief. It was at that moment that he realized he hasn't had a cup of tea yet today. Just slipped his mind. Steve stood up to go to the kitchen.

"So Tony, mind explaining the teen now?" Natasha asked as she leaned on the table and looked at Tony. She could see Peter stiffen from the corner of her eye and frowned slightly. Steve came back in and put dinner on the table.
"Peter, I know you've introduced yourself to everyone already, but tell them about yourself." Tony said gesturing. Peter completely froze as everyone looked at him. Steve sat down and noticing his frozen state, lightly nudged Peter, who snapped out of his daze.
"Where you from, Peter?" Bruce asked.
"London." Peter answered, his british accent speaking for him clearly.

"What're you doing here? New York is a long ways from London." Steve pointed out as he looked at the teen next to him.
"Umm. I don't think I can say." Peter said as he looked to Tony who nodded in confirmation. They all loaded up their plates as they questioned Peter.
"How old are you?" Clint asked him as he shoveled some potatoes into his mouth.
"14 almost 15." Peter answered. At that Bruce's mouth fell open.
"I'm sorry, what?" He asked incredulously.
"What? What about his age?" Natasha asked as she leaned forward.

"It's just that- well, Peter knows all of my work." Bruce answered as he looked at the teen with something akin to amazement.
"He does? You do?" Steve said as he looked back and forth between the two.
"Well, yeah." Peter said rubbing the back of his neck. "It was interesting so I read it." He answered sheepishly.
"Jesus kid." Clint said. "Can you shoot an arrow?"
"Can you throw a punch?"
"Do you know martial arts?"
"Can you build?"
"Guys, one at a time." Pepper ordered sternly before taking a bite of her salad.

"Umm, no to all of those but the last one." Peter answered.
"We will train you." Clint, Steve, and Natasha all said at once.
"Ok." Was all Peter managed to get out. He stayed silent as he ate and listened to the chatter around him.
"Alright Peter. I'll show you your room." Tony said as he sat up.

Peter followed and grabbed his backpack off of his chair and followed Tony down the hallways. Towards the end of one he opened the door to reveal a room that was as big as his living room and kitchen back home. His jaw dropped as he looked around. On the wall closest to him was his queen sized bed, light blue duvet with white sheets. A picture of New York hung above his bed. Grey bedside tables sat besides both ends with a lamp on each. A boom shelf covered the entire left wall stopping before the closet doors. Two full sized pictures of London finished off the wall with a dresser in front of it. Carpet was underneath his bed and wooden stairs led up to the slanted right wall which was completely glass windows. A desk sat in the middle of the room facing and against the window. A computer already sat open. Across from him was a door which lead to the bathroom. In the right corner was a chair and footstool along with a bookshelf and a smaller carpet with a tall lamp behind the chair. Opposite of him was a fireplace with a couch, two armchairs and a coffee table. On the left wall was an open doorway to his closet. Light came from where the ceiling met the walls, it was a pretty awesome room.