C1: Begging for a Request

At the club, everyone is looking down on me while I was laying down on the ground. Words that is sharper than a knife actually managed to stab me right deep down to my heart.

"Fat pig..."

"Water jug..."

"Giant..."

I wanted to cry but there were no more tears to shed. It's been a year already since I was humiliated myself in front of these crowd but it seems that the wound is still there for me to feel. Fresh and bleeding. But here I am again, doing the same mistake.

I know no one will stand up for me so I decided to pull both of my feet to stand and leave this horrid place. But as soon I stood up, I immediately bump into someone and once again fell down. How pathetic isn't it?

"You even have the guts to come here after what you've done?" A girl which I always see at the party of family gatherings of my stepmother's house blurted her frustration on me.

"I'm sorry." I cowardly said.

"What are you doing here? We are already tired seeing your face ugly pig!" She shouted that even the sound of that loud music is being lowered.

I stood up and lowered my head.

"That's it ugly mutt, walk away." The girl mocked.

I started to walk out of that place knowing that no one would actually help me out. Tears started to escape my eyes as I reach the end of that loud room. My heart is bursting in anger and pity, not to those people who mocked me, but to myself being useless.

I knew it from the very beginning that I shouldn't be going to such place. If it's not for the request of a certain someone, I wouldn't be here. How dare I?

That night is dreary.

I went back home.

So dejected, I went straight to my room. After a few minutes, someone texted me and requested me to call her back. I dialled her phone number.

"Hey, have you already ask him?" She asked. Her voice is jolly despite of her being gravely sick.

"Nope, I'm sorry. I didn't even see him in that place and I..." I paused.

"That's a pity but could you do it again... can you please find him?" She hesitated but the perseverance is still there.

Before I answer her request, I hesitated too. How can I looked for that person? He is everywhere. For sure that the next time I come looking for him again, I will definitely humiliate myself.

I long pause before answering her life and death request.

"I know that you don't want to see that person again. I knew that and still asking for this selfish request. If I can leave this place, I would do it myself. But once again I couldn't. Please, please, please, this is my last request my friend. I want to see him in person before I die." She begged.

My heart suddenly burst into pieces. She is the only friend I have and the only one who protected me back then. She has a terminal cancer and any minute now she can leave me. We both have a huge crush to that same person before, until I gave up. That person even know that we like him. I gave up my love for him since I've been humiliated for so many times. I am not a martyr. I wish that everyone is just like me but we have different personality.

After thinking so much I finally answered, "I will see what I can do."

Even without seeing it, I can feel those genuine smile behind the phone.

Rose is such a good friend and she is always there for me before she found out that she has a cancer. She wanted to see the man of her dreams before she dies. So, I decided to do at least her last wish. But that wish can also cause my death.

The next day, I went straight to the house of that man. The butler came out and greeted me. He let me enter that huge mansion.

"What brings you here young miss?" He asked politely.

"Is young master Tan here? I'm sorry for barging in without a notice but it is actually an emergency." I said.

The sooner I asked him to come and visit Rose, the faster I can rid of this hidden feelings still lingering in my heart and move on.

"I'm sorry miss but the young master said that he..." The butler was cut.

"What brings the bacon here?" said by someone with dominance voice echoed and register towards the whole area.

As I looked up, I saw a figure up stairs looking down on us. He has a black hair and a pair of deep blue eyes that looked like a coloured contact lenses. His stares are such cold ice just like the colour of his eyes. He was wearing a coat that gives him a vibe of a western investigator yet a noble Prince.

He started to descend down stairs.

I lowered my head.

"Get me a driver, I am going to the company." He spoke with his butler.

He just stared at me then walk away. His eyes is full of hatred. Right in that instant I felt that I'm going to die ahead of Rose. But before I do, I need to swallow my pride.

"Young master Tan can I please have a little of your time." I said with embarrassment.

He didn't speak as he walk pass me like my presence doesn't exist, going to the main door.

"Please master Tan, I have a friend that is dying and wanted to see you before she does." I said with hesitation. I know this person very well.

He looked at me with those piercing eyes. Suddenly he grabbed my wrist.

"Do you think I am a mascot you can ask to be an entertainment for a  dying person? Even if they do die, I don't have any obligation to see them. Nor, to attend to a request of a person as wicked as you." He said with an arrogance.