Chapter SEVENTEEN.

Start from the beginning

Clara immediately picked up the phone and scanned the photo, looking for any piece of information she could use to know more. She clicked on the location, which showed the place where she worked.. Bode Thomas.

So she left Ijesha. Clara thought. She was going to have to give her best 'Friend' a visit.
Clara smiled to herself in the dark light of the hotel room.

.................................

*Alex*

"Do you make a habit of keeping your clients waiting for a while before you show up, sugar?" I said to Sola the moment she entered my limousine. It was Wednesday, Sola was a good 15 minutes late. I knew she did it deliberately.

I studied her chic outfit. She was wearing a bright orange strapless gown. The top of the gown a bit of cleavage and I scowled silently. She looked breathtaking and I didn't want men staring at her the way I was.

The gown was a tad bit too short, with a provocative slit on the left side, showing off her flawless skin. Her back was also bare and her make up was light and classy. God! She was so perfect.

"Good morning, Mr Williams." she said in a crisp, stern voice, managing to avoid eye contact with me. I smiled to myself. Today was going to be an interesting day.

"Good morning, sugar." I replied, grinning widely at her. At that time she turned to me, lips tight in barely hidden anger.

"At some point, you will have to stop calling me that ridiculous name, Mr Williams. My. Name. Is. SOLA." She replied, glaring at me.

I laughed out loud at her tone. She looked even more frustrated. I noticed her dark long hair looked so shiny and straight. Why was everything about this woman so perfect?? She could make a man loose his brain just by looking at her heart shaped face.
I groaned silently, trying to curb the desire I was feeling for her. I could feel my trouser start to get uncomfortably tight. I shifted awkwardly so that the evidence of my arousal will be hidden.

"You look marvelous in that dress, Sola. I'm impressed that you dress like this now." I said in an earnest voice, earning a smile at her.

She looked down at herself as if she was trying to speculate her outfit.
"Well... Thanks. It was actually given to me as a gift for winning best mom of the year in my son's...." She trailed off, staring at me with her eyes widened in alarm.

I was confused at first before I realized what she had just said. "Best mom of the year??" I asked. "What does that mean??"

...................................

*Sola*

Geez! Sola! How stupid can you be?!!
"oh.. Um.. Its a competition.. Online. You act like a mother as best as you can and.. The person that acts best wins the title, mom of the... Year." I finished awkwardly, staring at him in fear.

I shouldn't have gotten carried away! But I was just so used to talking about my son, I hadn't realized when I opened my mouth to talk about him in front of Alex.

I saw him visibly relax. Thank God. I thought as I also relaxed.

"I can hardly picture you as a mother.. Much less a perfect mother. You.. Just don't look it, sugar." Alex said, smiling mockingly at me.
  I felt my face go red in anger. This man was just a fool who liked to provoke someone without reason.

I didn't give him a reply. I turned to my phone and started chatting away with some of my friends on whatsapp, effectively trying to ignore the handsome male in front of me.

I had avoided looking at him in the eye, but I hadn't failed to notice how handsome he looked.
He was wearing a simple polo T-shirt, which had his company's logo on it, and he was wearing a black Jean and dark boots, which made him look predatory and purely masculine.
I was so aware of him, of his presence, his smell, his body, his warm tantalizing heat. But I had to ignore everything that was pulling me to him. I couldn't afford to let him come close to me because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist.