𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝 - 𝕾𝖎𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖊𝖘

Start from the beginning

Ariel's eyes widened in shock, she felt as though she wasn't just someone in the crowd who was hardly recognised by anyone, never able to find her way to someone that understood her, but she was wrong.

"Really? Did... Did you ever prove anyone wrong?" Ariel leaned closer to Branch, becoming more interested and intrigued to his point of view on a similar situation. Branch just slightly smirked, feeling more motivated to continue that he get some of her attention.

"It took a pink, perky and high-energised princess to help me get my true colours back..."

He turned his gaze upwards towards the now Queen of Pop who was conversing with a certain someone that instantly made Ariel's heartbeat quicken. Trollex was laughing friendly at a joke Poppy had made and had noticed she was staring at him.

He gives a kind wave with a charming smile to his face. Ariel, on the other hand, had forgotten where her head was at in the given moment, getting a little lost into it.

She recoiled and instantly turned her attention away, with a sheepish smile on her smile.

------

"King Trollex! My man!" Poppy greeted cooly, with classic finger guns. Trollex was talking to BDB about what had happened while they were given a chance to take a break from hosting.

"W'sup, Queen Poppy, you enjoying the party?" King Trollex folded his arms leaning back, shrugging his arms in a questioning -like gesture, giving a friendly smile.

Poppy smile back, "Uh, yeah! This party is great! It's good to see everyone enjoy each other's music, you did a great job at hosting with Prince D." She complimented. Trollex smiled, further understanding Poppy and the kind of person she is.

"Thanks! And hey, only the best for the people, Amma right?"

"You got it!" They both laugh, Trollex opened his eyes from laughing and his eyes caught a view that was something of interest to him. He saw Ariel, there she was conversing with Branch herself, but only now to be seen gazing at him from afar.

His heart warmed at the sight of her reaching out to other people like her had inferred. He waved with a smile, Ariel had shyly recoiled from staring looking away.

----

Ariel tucked a strand of her behind her air as a result of her shyness. Branch, on the other hand, was confused at what had caused her reaction, looking back up at the source of it, his eyes now fixated on Trollex who was recently staring at her.

Branch smirked knowingly, his eyes almost lighting up. He began to realise the slightest way she behaved around the Techno Troll King, how she would always rely on him in a very dependent way, almost as if it was more-than-friendly.

"So you and Trollex like a thing? Or..." He teased.

"W-what?! Uh, w-what makes you say that?!" She laughed nervously, blushing with a shade of indigo appearing on her cheeks. Branch held his hands up in surrender in response to her outburst.

"Hey! Hey! Don't need to get all flustered with that shade of purple on your cheeks."

Ariel slapped her cheeks to cover them from Branches view.

"I know it doesn't seem like it, but I can be a romantic guy. I kinda know how these things work..." He bragged his memories of his ability to perform such poetic words for Queen Bridget.

Ariel raised a brow unknowingly, tilting her head to the side again.

"No? Okay... Well, does this sound familiar." He began,

"A techno troll with a seemingly hard past finding it hard to connect with anyone seems to put less trust in those that might hurt her. But then she laid her eyes on a prince, a prince that was kind, loving, and really cute oh my god!! Time goes by and through further isolation from her world, she can't help but continue to admire from a distance, wondering what it would be like to meet him and experience love. But THEN when she does talk to him, she realises that he was trustworthy but was still scared of rejection from her past, and still continues to keep her secret today."

Ariel was speechless. Her facial expression screamed 'dumbfounded'. She knew that the man had somewhat of an understanding of her past and problems, but not so much to the point where he could predict her past on a whole other level.

Was it that she was so painfully obvious? Was she so unmistakeably seen as someone like that to almost every single Trolls that looked at her? There were so many questions that flooded her mind. A clearing of the throat had interrupted her from her thoughts and she had decided to continue.

"W-well. I guess you do know a thing or two about romance..." She replied in fascination towards the Pop Troll.

---------

Trollex chuckled at her antics, much noticed by the Queen of Pop.

"Well someone's inlove~"

He shifts up alarmingly, never expecting those words to come out of the queen's mouth.

"Uh, well-no? haha!...no."

"Trollex...."

"No, okay? We only just met..." He said with conviction, his eyes turning to the ground after saying so. But even when spoken through his mouth, his heart didn't necessarily agree with himself.

"Yeah right! The way you stare at her-"

"Beat Drop! Let's ha, let's not go there..." He nervously trailed off.

Poppy still smirked as her eyebrow was raised in a teasing manner. Though she knew there was no denying it, she decided to keep her mouth shut about it for a moment.

"All right~..." She trailed off by sliding away from the conversation to find Branch. Only to remember something before doing so.

"Oh, it's about time to sign off the party! I'll leave you to it!" Queen Poppy then made her way to the audience.

Trollex sighed, still trying to recognise his feelings. He knew there was something that attracted him towards the aqua troll, yet he couldn't bring himself to admit it out loud...

He quickly remembered that it was time to end the party, as sad as it is. He waited for Queen Essence and Prince D to sing their final line together, to then make his cue.

"Come on little buddy, it's time." BDB then flew up from his place on the DJ booth and swam alongside the King.

---------

"Take it from me, though. It's better to take one step further. Cause you never know if that one step takes you to the next level." Branch wisely advised from experience.

Ariel's eyes widened in shock from the piece of advice. But decided to take it to heart.

"Thank you, Branch" She shyly and once again quietly thanked.

She then looked at her with an impressed smile. "People don't give you enough credit for this sort of thing, do they?" I say softly.

Branch snorted. "Nah. Hardly."

"Okay, everybody! Thank ya'll for coming out tonight. Have a great night!" Trollex signed off, his friendly demeanour making its way onto the stage. The crowd cheered back in satisfaction. Most continued to gossip about the new wonderful feeling of different types of music gave to just ONE troll.

"Well, see you around, Ariel." Branch farewells.

Ariel nods back "Have a good night, Branch"

And like that, he made his way to his bunker. Ariel smiled his way one last time. She never knew that she would be able to find someone that would relate to her. And shockingly, so similar to her. But she didn't complain.

She sighed, letting that moment of content seep out of her before finding her way back home. She looked around to see that every tribe of each troll were boarding back with their fellow leaders, through their own method of transportation back to their habitat. The Funk Trolls boarding their ship, all gossiping and discussing the positives of the party, wanting to see more. The Pop Trolls making their way back to their pods, some of them almost tired and tuckered out, but still riveted from the successful night. Almost each of them was on their way to their own civilisations.

"Well...Time to get back," she looked around to find a glowing group of Techno Trolls but sensed no aura of them anywhere. She tried to look beyond the trees and bushes that may have gotten in the way of her view, but no avail.

She groaned ungratefully, seeing as they must have left without her.

"Hey! Need a lift?!"