"You will use it." Without another word, he made his exit, the advisors hastily following behind him. Taking a breath, he went back over to the table, eyes on the scroll. His Father's games were irritating him but he knew that he meant to challenge his mental, emotional, and physical strength. Gathering his hands into fists, he pushed off of the table to head towards the door. He would continue to find out that he was not the weak link. In fact, he would make it his mission to rise above every assumption and doubt he possessed. He would show them all what a mistake it was undermining him.

***

"Braid my hair." After spending the later part of the morning in the kitchen, she'd been taken by surprise of a request to tend to Wangtaejabi-nim. She'd been ushered into a separate part of the palace she'd never before seen and she was enraptured by its beauty. Modeled after the palaces of the Tang Dynasty, the grand red pillars and sweeping fan ceilings took her breath away. Once taken past the gate, brilliant red and green surrounded her, painted on the walls and planted in the lush gardens. She wasn't given much time else to admire anything because she was escorted down one of the long halls to an elaborate set of doors.

"Wangtaejabi-nim, the girl is here as you requested."

"Ah! Good." A female voice answered within and soon the doors were opened. She looked into the face of Wangja-nim's bright faced younger sister Mishil. And from there, a new adventure awaited her.

"Did you hear me?" Snapping out of her thoughts, she bowed her head in apology.

"I'm sorry Wangtaejabi-nim." She watched as she slowly took her hair out of the kept braid it was in. The young woman watched curiously as she part three slivers of her hair and began to weave them together.

"Fascinating." She didn't say a word, only finished the smaller braid until it hung down her back.

"I remember being little and seeing your hair in this manner."

"Yes." She quietly answered as she started another braid.

"I wonder why you wear the style. What purpose it serves."

"There are many reasons."

"Such as?" She finished the tail of the second before licking her lips.

"I've observed the many styles the women here wear. Most show status, age, even if the particular woman is of marriageable condition or not. In my culture, the hairstyles mean the exact same thing. They just look different." The princess remained quiet as she continued to braid until the style was complete. Face full of delight, she lifted hands and ran her fingers down across the plaits.

"Amazing." She simply bowed her head. Turning to face her, she stared at her for a little while, the intensity of it making her more than uncomfortable.

"If only you were Korean." The girl suddenly lamented before clucking her tongue. At that, she blinked in confusion.

"I'm...I'm sorry?" Twirling around, she watched as the braids twirled with her.

"You know...my Oppa-nim likes you." The girl breathed as she stopped and turned to face her again. Her cheeks grew warm.

"He likes me you say." It wasn't a question but a statement of slight disbelief.

"Of course he does. You are his favorite. You are his special one."

"Ah."