"Your opinion is valuable to me. That's the end of the story. Hm?" Smiling at him, she drew her eyes away from him, eying the hands in her lap.

"Yes Wangja-nim." The door to the library opened and to the both of their surprise, the King strolled in surrounded by a host of advisors.

"Father," He distanced himself from her but only slightly.

"What is it that you two find yourselves doing this day?" At his question, Tiye created further distance.

"We were-"

"I was asking the girl. Not you." Palms beginning to sweat, she answered strongly but humbly, eyes never having left the floor.

"Wangja-nim requested my presence here. I simply followed orders is all Taewang-nim."

"Your presence was needed for what purpose?"

"To discuss the upcoming trip to Song." At that, he laughed.

"What place would you have discussing something so private? Surely you lie."

"She's right Father. I asked her here." Sharp eyes turned to his son.

"Is that so?"

"Tiye's loyalty to me is unquestionable. Rest assured that she will not foil our plans or expose them. If you have enough faith to allow her to go with me on this journey then surely she should be included in the conversations about it." Lips grew tight.

"You're dismissed." With a bow, she quietly proceeded to leave.

"Are you ready for it?" He asked, coming over to browse the plans laid out before them.

"More and more each day."

"Your archery?"

"Superior to Hyung-nim's" At that, his gaze lifted.

"So you claim hm?"

"Hyung-nim's provided a welcome inspiration these past months Father. It is to him that you should thank for my revitalized vigor."

"Perhaps you should use that vigor and put it to good use in the harem as well. It's been months since you visited." At that, he grew still. Licking his lips, his fingers drew together tightly.

"Right now, my attentions are being focused elsewhere."

"I see." A smirk spread on the lips of the man before he cleared his throat.

"All of this is unnecessary." Motioning to the scroll beneath him, he clucked his tongue in disapproval.

"Why is that?"

"You will be traveling with a caravan that I have personally selected. Emperor Renzong will see to it that you make it to him safely and so will I."

"Do the people in this caravan know the way around the thieves' and Mongol territory?"

"Indeed they do." The question he really wanted to ask was on the tip of his tongue but it seemed that his Father was one step ahead.

"I didn't reveal anything to you because I wanted to see how you would lead." Glancing around the library, for the first time since he was a boy, a pleased smile teased his lips.

"You've done well thus far and I must say that I am impressed." He moved not as the man began to roll up the scroll.

"There is another path to reach the Kingdom of Song, one that is highly secretive. Only the nobility use it and any outsider that gathers wind is put to death." Tying it with the small thread, he looked up at him.